How to cancel Adobe Stock?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe Stock and now want to cancel it but keep my Adobe CC membership. In using your website, it's clear you're doing everything possible to thwart people making this request. I go around and around on the contact menus, and Adobe has artfully 'bundled' together cancellation of Stock and CC to discourage disconnection. I'm now appealing to the forum to find the way to cancel STOCK without cancelling CC. Please advise.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015
Hi MiguelI've cancelled your Stock plan as requested. Thanks for trying it out!RegardsBev

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have an Adobe Stock plan with 10 assets a month. 
Is is possible to stop paying the plan (thus, stop cumulating assets every months) while still being able to use the assets that I have cumulated in the past? 
Thanks in advance, 
Harriet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harriet,

When you cancel your subscription you will lose any unused license quota.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely disappointed with the whole Adobe policy regarding the Adobe Photo Stock!

I have always seen Adobe as a respectful and serious company, and would never think that Adobe would need to use deceiving strategies to make more profit. 

The quality of the products Adobe offers should be enough to guarantee the company’s economical balance, without the need of misleading and unfair strategies. 

I would expect this kind of treatment in several lousy internet websites, but never from adobe. 

Maybe that is why I have not payed enough attention to check if there was any kind of “scam” on the Terms And Conditions of Adobe Photo Stock.

I just thought “This is Adobe, it is a serious company, they would not be trying to fool customers with deceiving and misleading information”. And so I subscribed to Adobe Photo Stock for a trial. I downloaded about 3 or 4 images and for some personal reasons, got caught up in other issues. The trial period passed and I forgot to cancel the subscription. 

When I went back to the website, I clicked on the cancel option, found out that my credits would expire once I canceled. So I downloaded some random images, in order to use the credits I  had already payed for. Fine. Now I would cancel the account. And that was when I found out that I would be charged for 50% of AN ANNUAL FEE!!! 

I will quote what is already written on this forum for that matter, and I truly expect Adobe not only to refund me this absurd charge of the % Annual Fee, but also to improve on the honesty of the Adobe Photo Stock Policy. 

Quotes from the forum:

“ (…) It was not clear to me at all besides that tiny smallprint made deliberately hard to read that I would be charged 50% of annual fee (moved onto annual fee automatically, I do not recall any mention of a yearly commitment, only the monthly cost) AFTER the buy-in point (in the welcome email) so now the self-cancellation process only gives me the option of paying a % of the cancellation fee for 10 free images as part of the trial in terms of actual services rendered (…)”

“In terms of how this offer is presented it is sold as 19.99 per MONTH (that is what "/" and "mo" means) with first month free with no upfront mention of the annual commitment. It is not "per month". It is £239.88 per year split across 12 months. Do not claim something is priced on a monthly basis when that is merely a fraction of a yearly basis. There is NOTHING to indicate a year at this point in the sales funnel on the main landing page Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock . This is deceptive.

I would understand 1 month payment rolling contract but this is too much so I insist on a cancellation without a fee as this practice is unfair (…)” 

“ (…) Why can't this just be printed on the offer landing page even just something like "if you do not cancel within the x days from the date or starting the trail you will be charged an early cancellation fee of 50% or £xxx the cost of your ANNUAL subscription". This is obviously (and I know why now) written to accentuate the "1 month" period and bury the commitment on a separate page with a tiny link, when combined with the offer of 10 free images to trial the product. (…)

“ (…) So buyer beware (as this is 1st result on Google for "cancel adobe stock" now) you will be charged 30 calendar days after the date you are first charged and despite being advertised as a monthly plan with 1 free month you will be charged £120 cancellation fee if you decide to cancel which is NOT presented at the point of sale to suck you in. Devious indeed, don't even bother. (…)”

“(…) If you want to earn your customer's trust present the costs and all stipulations honestly and truthfully and clearly or you will lose them (..)”

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely disappointed with the whole Adobe policy regarding the Adobe Photo Stock!

I have always seen Adobe as a respectful and serious company, and would never think that Adobe would need to use deceiving strategies to make more profit. 

The quality of the products Adobe offers should be enough to guarantee the company’s economical balance, without the need of misleading and unfair strategies. 

I would expect this kind of treatment in several lousy internet websites, but never from adobe. 

Maybe that is why I have not payed enough attention to check if there was any kind of “scam” on the Terms And Conditions of Adobe Photo Stock.

I just thought “This is Adobe, it is a serious company, they would not be trying to fool customers with deceiving and misleading information”. And so I subscribed to Adobe Photo Stock. For a trial. 

I downloaded about 3 or 4 images and for some personal reasons, got caught up in other issues. 

I forgot to cancel my trial. 

When I went back to the website, I clicked on the cancel option. Found out that my credits would expire once I canceled. So I downloaded some random images, in order to use the credits I  had already payed for. Fine. Now I would cancel the account. And that was when I found out that I would be charged for 50% of AN ANNUAL FEE!!! 

I will quote what is already written on this forum for that matter, and I truly expect Adobe not only to refund me this absurd charge of the Annual Fee, but also to improve on the honesty of the Adobe Photo Stock Policy. 

Quotes from the forum:

“ (…) It was not clear to me at all besides that tiny smallprint made deliberately hard to read that I would be charged 50% of annual fee (moved onto annual fee automatically, I do not recall any mention of a yearly commitment, only the monthly cost) AFTER the buy-in point (in the welcome email) so now the self-cancellation process only gives me the option of paying £119.95 cancellation fee for 10 free images as part of the trial in terms of actual services rendered (…)”

“In terms of how this offer is presented it is sold as 19.99 per MONTH (that is what "/" and "mo" means) with first month free with no upfront mention of the annual commitment. It is not "per month". It is £239.88 per year split across 12 months. Do not claim something is priced on a monthly basis when that is merely a fraction of a yearly basis. There is NOTHING to indicate a year at this point in the sales funnel on the main landing page Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock . This is deceptive.

I would understand 1 month payment rolling contract but this is too much so I insist on a cancellation without a fee as this practice is unfair (…)” 

“ (…) Why can't this just be printed on the offer landing page even just something like "if you do not cancel within the x days from the date or starting the trail you will be charged an early cancellation fee of 50% or £xxx the cost of your ANNUAL subscription". This is obviously (and I know why now) written to accentuate the "1 month" period and bury the commitment on a separate page with a tiny link, when combined with the offer of 10 free images to trial the product. (…)

“ (…) So buyer beware (as this is 1st result on Google for "cancel adobe stock" now) you will be charged 30 calendar days after the date you are first charged and despite being advertised as a monthly plan with 1 free month you will be charged £120 cancellation fee if you decide to cancel which is NOT presented at the point of sale to suck you in. Devious indeed, don't even bother. (…)”

“(…) If you want to earn your customer's trust present the costs and all stipulations honestly and truthfully and clearly or you will lose them (..)”

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I always check the situation when I read claims like yours: first of all it says “annual commitment” . As I can understand that people only read the price per month, and think that they have a subscription by the month, the text says clearly “annual commitment”.

In the terms and in a size that is legible and if not, you are reading this in a browser where you can make characters bigger to read, you are clearly told that if you cancel early, you have to pay an early cancelation fee. It is also stated that when you cancel, you will loose your unused credits.

And for sure, you will find a lot of people complaining that they did not read the terms. You don’t read about those who did read the terms and cancel as excpected.

The only drawback that I see is that you can’t switch off autorenewal. So, if you do not cancel during the last month of your subscription, you will have a new annual commitment.

You’re welcome to contact Adobe customer care and to try to negotiate your way out of the contract.

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started