• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copyright an image that contains 1 or more adobe stock extended license photos.

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased two extended license adobe stock photos and have completed my composition (which also includes other manipulated cco photos). I am now a little confused about the copyright process. Is it still possible to copyright this work which also includes the Adobe stock photos? Or is there a more appropriate way to do this. Thank you and kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Great! You can definitely use them for resale with the extended licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond,

Are you looking to give credits for the images used?

Also, you may use the license for any work that you're doing. If you'll be creating some work for a different client then you'd need to purchase a separate license for the same image.

Please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, you have answered one of my questions thank you. However, I am still confused about copyrighting. If I want to copyright my work how would I do this if my work also contains Adobe stock images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond,

If you're purchasing extended license then you can use the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, social media, or a broadcast program along with the asset can be featured in merchandise or products for resale.

Let me know if I've misunderstood you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sheena, yes i am using it for resale. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! You can definitely use them for resale with the extended licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I also composited two Adobe Stock images to make a new concept to go along with an editorial article we wrote. We do not intend to sell it, but use it to promote the article. How should we handle copyright then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already purchased two standard licenses (one for each image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a lawyer so what do I know... anyway... When you use (with a license) copyright material in your own work, the resultant work retains all the original copyrights, and adds your copyright. This is usually a non-issue as few people today register copyright. It's automatically granted in most countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The licensing terms apply. You may use them for your article, using them for other means depends on that means. The (c) of the original work is owned by the original creators. You acquired a licence to use the assets according to the terms laid out on the Adobe website. You own the copyright on your own work. Copyright is owned by creation.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Does a Standard License permit the work to be distributed on a platform such as "EurekaAlert" where our story (and the accompanying credited image) can be picked up by other news outlets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I do not know the plattform, nor other details of what you intend to do, I suggest you studdy the licensing terms and consult your IP lawyer on the details. 

However, if you distribute the picture for press releases, I would expect that you need extended licenses.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started