How to Indicate References in Article Lists?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do I have to indicate the reference (xxx - stock.adobe.com) for photos that are displayed as teasers in article lists on our website? In the article itself the source will be shown in any case.

How can I solve this without having to insert it into the image, for example by text?

Greetings

Steffen

TOPICS
Licensing, Stock API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steffen,

Could you expand on your intention here?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello EBQ,

Thank you for your answer, I will try to be more specific: On our website (https://www.waldwissen.net) we use small photo formats (here 150x100px) as teaser in the article list. If we use Adobe Stock Photos, we have to indicate the source, which is no problem in the article - but how do we do that in the article list? If we insert text into the image, it is hard to read.

Steffen

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steffen,

I notice the "Stock API" tag is selected. Are you using the API for your site? It seems it is not related to your question. In general, you should follow the terms and conditions for the site as found in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788?page=1

One of the links above is to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html:

Do I need to add a photo credit?
We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article or for social media. When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, etc, you must include the credit line mentioned on the Adobe Stock website and contained in the IPTC credit line field. For example, “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com."

From reading this, it seems to me that credit/reference/attribution is only required if you are posting an editorial (news) article, posting on a social media site (like Facebook/Twitter), or using an actual Editorial image (e.g., a photo of a professional football team). But you should consult our Terms of Use and ask your own legal adviser to review. I have not seen any UI where tiny thumbnails have the author listed, but if our terms request that, then that would be safest. We cannot give you approval or a legal judgement here on this forum.

If you have business questions related to partnerships or the APIs, please email Grp-AdobeStockPartnerships@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Christopher

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started