Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 commercial Browser web game with adobe stock assets : which licence

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, hey community.

I am creating a web based game that is played on a browser ( technically its a web page using css, js and html )  . After reading the licence / terms of use for both standard and extended licence, i am uncertain what license to use.

The assets : 

- templates such as crests, and banners on which text will be applied ( and thus modified )
- background images , cropped and used with variuos color palettes i myself will create with photoshop which means they are also modified
- architecture ( ancient buildings ) from which i would like to extract elemens to create a new image that can be animated in the browser . Example : https://stock.adobe.com/ch_de/images/interior-del-palacio-real-de-mysore-india/100072562?prev_url=de...

The situation : 

- the "product" is a web based game displayed in a browser that is in principle a webpage
- the standart licence allows me to display the ( modified ) assets with unlimited views
- the assets are not the main VALUE of the product - the game logic on the webpage is the VALUE
- I do intend to use the assets in the game only ( no merchandise, no mugs, no prints, no apps , etc )
- the access to the game is free of charge for players, but might be subscription based in the future 
- in a nutshell : all assets are modified , made to suit the theme and are 1:1 the same asset as in the adobe.stock store

As i understand,  paragraphs 3.1(A) , 3.1(B)(1) and 3.1(B)(2) and 7 of the terms and conditions allow the use i need to be under a standard licence, since the Work : 

- is not for sale and does not represent the VALUE of the product
- is displayed on a webpage ( the game  ) thus having unlimited views
- is not usable publicly by the website users to create any templates ( i alone edit the contents of the page in my backend as the site owner )

Is the standard licence the one for me to use in this case ?

Regards

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

As representatives of Adobe my colleagues and I cannot comment on licensing. There are links provided on this forum for licensing terms if you cannot find what you need you may need to consult an attorney.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As representatives of Adobe my colleagues and I cannot comment on licensing. There are links provided on this forum for licensing terms if you cannot find what you need you may need to consult an attorney.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started