I want advice on rejected photos

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The following photos were rejected due to technical issues.

I want to know what improvements can be made in the future.

Help me with advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dear Yo-suke,

I too love the light play in this photo. First, you must be aware that this kind of picture is presented to Adobe Stock quite often. So, your offering to stock must be the best of the best. Second, put yourself in the place of one who would buy this picture. How might they use it? So much of the subject is completely out of focus and cropping might not even render it useful. For your own use, the drama is interesting. Perhaps make it even more extreme - but not for the stock offerings.

Please do not become discouraged - the reviewers know what will sell and those offerings that will not. Go to the Adobe Guidelines for Stock Contributors and consider how to present your next offering. Best regards, JH

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dear joanh22203655,

Thank you for quick and accurate advice.

I learned that I need to know what kind of photography needs.

Strive to take better pictures.

Sorry for the ugly English.
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your reply. Please let us know how your Adobe Stock experience unfolds. JH

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of the problems with this photo is your white balance - colour temperature - it needs to be warmed up a bit. You can do this by adding more yellow in the temperature controls - easy to do if you took this in raw format - native camera file. Another problem is you have signs of noise in the background - grain like apperance in the background. This especially shows up in dark areas.

EG:

DSC_4234 のコピーnoise.jpg

As for white balance, something like this:

DSC_4234 のコピーwhite balance.jpg

However as mentioned, the red leaf, I guess is the subject, is out of focus- it isn't sharp, so there are other categories this coud be rejected under.

The question - who will buy this, how could it be used  - is a good one to always ask yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dear ricky336,

Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation using photos.

Your advice was very helpful.

I learned that it is important to think about who will buy this and how to use it.

Thanks for your kindness.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started