Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illegal license sold in Adobe stock image

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have purchased an extended license from Adobe Stock Image for this design :

https://stock.adobe.com/fr/images/akatsuki-pattern/222564966

I have used this design on my website, but a few days later I have received an infringement notice and my website got shut down. I understood later that the third party selling this image on Adobe Image doesn't have the necessary rights to do it.

I obviously couldn't know that the product I bought from the official website of Adobe was illegal.

And now my online store is shut down and I couldn't recover it despite my repeated explanations about the situation.

I'm asking Adobe to step in and help me recover my online store.

Regards

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page may help you with finding the right contact for your issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/content-usage.html

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but It gives only the links to fill a notice or counter notice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I've sent you a private message.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question lot of your so called sellers are selling my art, art that they purchased from me and its not for re-sell. How can I submit a DCMA take down Specifically you are illegally selling tons of my textures and art.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A note, without any inside info, just based on reading many forum discussions. There are many Adobe resellers who list some or all of the Adobe stock images. They are licensed to do this and they DO NOT BUY THESE IMAGES TO LIST THEM. Instead, they offer them for sale in a variety of ways. For example, they may offer them on a single tee shirt or wall print that a customer can order. This then becomes a normal sale of the photo by Adobe. (The alternative would be for the tee shirt maker / print maker to buy an extended license, which would let them sell one or a thousand tee shirts, but will greatly limit the choice and opportunities to sell). This is designed, as I see it, to increase the opportunities for contributors to sell. Unfortunately, Adobe do not explain this to their contributors, and when the contributors find these resellers, many contributors assume this is essentially piracy of their photos. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started