Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image license

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

I manage live events and I use adobe stock to get images for the invitations, social posts etc. 

One MAJOR issue just hit me, the image I got has a standard license from my subscription and i used it to make the invitation, the facebook event cover, and the LIVE Facebook Video cover. 

As soon as the live event started on Facebook i got a notification that the image is not licensed and the LIVE stopped, I had to remove it to make the video go live again. 

So the problem here is that standart images don't have license for TV and they shouldn't BUT Facebook Live is NOT TV, it's just social media going LIVE. This is the first time that happens to me and I am sceptical about the next times I go LIVE on events. 

What changed? I don't think I am willing to pay 60€ above my subscription every time I am making a creative for social media live video. 

Is this for real or I just got unlucky on one image?

Thank you all!!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check with Facebook why they did stoo your live event? I do not think that Adobe stopped your event, because the image was not correctly licenced. I think that Facebook took action because they thought or suspected trouble or because someone reported you.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding to this, there was no time for anyone to report it since it only took 90 seconds to get flagged. 

I could not check with Facebook because there was no such section and I fixed it by taking off the cover. Maybe the image was reported for something else and I got flagged as a resautl. Still, it shoulnd't happen..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still, it shoulnd't happen..

By @RafailOps

Yes, but as long as you do not know what triggered Facebook's action, you will be in the dark and can only speculate. I know that companies like Facebook need to react fast to any complaints if they don't want to be kept liable, at least in Europe. The drawback of this is that anyone who endures complaints will get automatically blocked without a background check on the merits of the complaints. 😕

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the problem was an Audio asset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem with the audio asset but I took it off and then restared the event without issue. 

The flag was clearly with respect to the image used as it was stated on the notification. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started