Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Is Adobe Stock music royalty free on YouTube or not?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently upgraded from Elements to Pro and love it! However one of the main reasons was I needed good music score for my YouTube videos which I always monetise. I thought this music was Royalty Free??!! I have paid £20 for 3 pieces a month and Youtube will not let me monetise and instead are sending the Adsense funds to the writer of the music!! What have I actually paid for then? I am about to unsubscribe as this music is useless if I can't monetise. Any suggestions please.(It is a fantastic selection of musoc BTW)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always Envato Elements.  For $198 a year, you get access to all sorts of graphic/video components, and of course, music beds.  Check them out and ready the licensing to see if it applies to you.  YouTube can be quite the pain in the butt.  Envato has you to "license" (or should say, catagorize your media) per project basis.  That's there to protect you and the creator of the content downloaded.

https://elements.envato.com/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lesley_pyke,

Thank you for your question. All of the audio licensed through Adobe Stock is royalty-free and you will definitely be able to monetize it. YouTube simply requires you to show that you have a license. The steps are outlined here: https://stock.adobe.com/audio-copyright-claims. It seems a little complicated the first time you do it, but after that the process will just take a minute.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started