• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it okay to design my book cover with standard license pictures?

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I live to buy 2-3 Pictures to design my book cover. Of course the picture will not be the reason for
somebody to buy it. So is ist enough to buy the standard license or do I need on other one? Thankyou for your help:-)

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you seem to be well aware of the licensing terms. Indeed, if the cover is not the main reason to buy your book, you should be OK with a standard licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not exactly sure what you are trying to say but I think you are trying to license two to three pictures for a book cover that you are designing. Will all three images appear on the front cover? Adobe Stock’s standard license allows you to use licensed images perpetually but your print runs of the book can’t exceed 500,000. Secondly, as you indicate, because the book cover is not the main incentive to buy the book, as long as your print run (note this includes both print and digital editions) stays below 500,000 copies, you are good with a standard license. I believe this is the correct interpretation but be sure to look at the specific images and the license you purchase to be sure. Making a copyright mistake with your book cover can really cause a lot of problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started