• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this free year offer legit?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT guy forwared me an email he received offering a free year of Adobe stock images as part of our current subscription renewal. So I scheduled a half hour meeting for this, which seems sketchy in its own right. And the email from the Adobe rep was this:

Hi Admin,

Blocking your calender as per your convinient time to connect more efficiently to discuss the present offering for your account.
Kindly accept the teams meeting invite.

Looking forward to connecting with you tomorrow!

Regards,
Abhineet Srivastava

Is this legit? Besides the email with multiple spelling mistakes, their email signature has a fuzzy Adobe logo and these lines with additional spelling mistakes:

Creatives highly desirable- Adobe Stock - https://stock.adobe.com/

Milions of high-quality images, logo’s, 3D assets, templates and videos curated by Adobe

Thanks for your help!

Web Walker

TOPICS
General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if that is a legit invitation. If you have a Teams subscription or an Enterprise subscription, I would suggest you contact Adobe customer care via the https://adminconsole.adobe.com. You need to be an administrator to do so, if you are not an admin, contact your admin to contact Adobe support.

If you have a single user subscription, contact Adobe support via the link below. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo,

Turns out it was legit, but there were so many red flags:

• The rep wanted a half hour to discuss getting a free year of access to Adobe Stock.
  • Adobe is the world’s leading graphics company, yet the Adobe logo in their signature was fuzzy.
  • The text in their email signature and follow up correspondence were all rife with spelling mistakes – items I found odd as a company the size of Adobe I imagine would have a set script to follow.

But they knew things about our account that only a true rep would know so hopefully we will be getting that free year of Stock.

Best,

Web Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you, and I think it's really good to be sceptical. If that was an individual message to you and the spellchecker was switched off, it may happen, that you get messages with spelling errors. It shouldn't happen, but it also happens to me. I suppose that Adobe keeps its promise. Good luck and have fun with Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get spelling mistakes in an email, but the email signature spelling mistakes and fuzzy logo (wouldn't they be given that email signature by the Marketing team?) are what threw me and made me think it was a scam.

Thanks again,

Web Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The e-mail signature at my company is generated by a mandatory procedure, but people still get "creative" by changing our design. I'm Corporate Communications and one of the responsible for creating and maintaining the Corporate Identity guidelines. People are getting very creative in areas, where they should stay conservative. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback regarding the message you received. I too would be wary of such a message. I'll forward your feedback to the team as I'm sure they will find it valuable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Here is a screenshot of their signature. I whited out their contact info as I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. But the grammar and spelling is pretty bad.

Web Walker

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 5.57.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started