• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key words should include language (and location)

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker just noticed a stock photo I used in a presentation that my be misspelled. I have no idea what language "Equility" is but the photographer is from Norway (according to a Flickr presence). 

Luckily I found the similar photo from the same photographer with the correct spelling, downloaded and photoshoped it in.  

Abambo_0-1675113819892.png

Abambo_2-1675113845230.png

1. I'm asking to please have submissions key words include location and language.
  2. Please remove any content that is misspelled. 

Thank you

{moderator deleted original stock content. Please do not post original content. A reduced picture will do.}

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Hello, I agree this looks like a misspelling. I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

For this file license type I don't have the ability to grant replacement licenses or refunds. You will need to reach out to customer care:

For a refund:
Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords (as set by the contributor) are all in one language (the language may be chosen by the contributor, but all need to stay in the same language). The Adobe system translates them automatically in your language.

As the location, not all pictures have a meaningful location. Some assets have unfortunately wrong locations, as contributors may have entered, Paris, Rome, and Berlin as the location. This may happen, when Sensei suggests keywords and the contributor accepts them, without curating them.

It would be nice, when posting here, to include the asset ID of the faulty asset. Then @Contributor1 will have a chance to check your grievances and take appropriate action.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo I think I believe I did post the original stock number. It was part of the image name. there's a note from the monorator who removed it. If you look at the post "{moderator deleted original stock content. Please do not post original content. A reduced picture will do.}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would argue the location can be important. I work for the government and although not all the time, many times for example I need an image of a forest that is in the United States (or close to it the same terrain such as North America) 

Not all scrub oaks look the same. the shape of the leaf for example can be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would argue the location can be important.

By @Linda.R.Smith

I didn't contest that. I just gave you some inside into the working of Adobe stock. If the contributor does not provide that information, it is not in the database.

And for most of the scrub oaks, there won't be a location. Not now, and I also doubt not in the future. The only “location” service that you can select is to have a contributor from your region. The probability is on your side, to assume that a scrub oak from a photographer from your region will have photographed the oak somewhere nearby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moderator then was overzealous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, I just emailed Contibuter 1 Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I agree this looks like a misspelling. I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

For this file license type I don't have the ability to grant replacement licenses or refunds. You will need to reach out to customer care:

For a refund:
Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction. Also, if you don’t see the chat feature you may need to accept all adobe cookies.

Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Contributor1 Thank you. I'm not going to bother. My company has an enterprise account with unlimited downloads. I'm more peived about a seperate issue of this "transparent" backgrounds with the fake grey and white checkerboard backgrounds. Those are issues are labor intensive and time consuming. Ahhhh but I digress that is another topic that I have already submitted a complaint on. 

Maybe the phtographer/authoer can fix it since it appears in another stock photo of his. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are mixing public and private information, I have the impression.

If the assets with that “fake” chequerboard transparent background are Adobe Illustrator assets, you will need to switch off the group or the layer, and you are done. I had problems with the first asset of that kind. But they are all the same, and the background is obviously the last in the line.

If you have a JPEG file with a chequerboard background, that is an error of the contributor and that asset should be deleted.

The contributor cannot correct an asset, that is uploaded to the stock library. They need to delete and upload a corrected version. The asset will get a new ID and the sales history (if any) will be 0 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started