Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

licence and extended licence

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought a subscription and download some images, for a client. Now the client is asking me if they have the rights to use them (on website, ppt and similars). In the licence terms is written:

"A) StandardLicenseforWorks.IfyouhavepurchasedaStandardLicenseforaWork,thenwegrantyouanon- exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, non-transferable (except pursuant to section 6 (Additional Rights)), non- sublicensable license to use, reproduce, archive, modify, and display the Work, in all media, for (1) advertising, marketing, promotional and decoration purposes; and (2) personal and non-commercial uses, up to 500,000 times as further described in section 3.1(B) (“Standard License Specific Restrictions”)."

what does it mean "personal and non-commercial uses" if I am buying them, is for commercial uses!

what should I do? I think that as Adobe Stock is a licence reseller, should at least be disposal on these topics!

thanks for any help

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As always, licensing is a complex matter. You probably can't do pass through work for them, buying stock and sending them the stock image over. But if you do some work with them, like format the picture and put it into a PowerPoint, it should be OK. The customer needs to accept the licensing terms of Adobe or your terms that are at least as stringent as Adobe's.

Look here for the most important things you can do:

https://stock.adobe.com/uk/license-terms#licenseComparison

• Share the unmodified asset with your employees and contractors who have contractually agreed to abide by the license terms.
  • Transfer the license to your client or employer.

And in the terms you cited this is important for you: (1) advertising, marketing, promotional and decoration purposes;

It's (1) or (2), so any of the situations are OK.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started