Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licence: Mental health website using stock photo models has cured patients

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

Is the licence that come with my adobe stock subscription allow me to use models to imply that they are patients that recovered from a mental heath disorder?

Thank you, 

Mathieu

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will not clarify their license - since in a court only the written words of the license can be taken into account, no matter what anyone intended or promised. And I am not a lawyer. This is a very important point, and you NEED to consult a lawyer on it if you don't find the license clear. I will draw your attention especially to this point:

https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Stock-Additional-Terms-en_US-2021012...

"7. Restrictions.
7.1. General Restrictions. You must not...

[skipped some lines]

(E) use the Stock Assets in a manner, or in connection with a subject, that a reasonable person could consider
unflattering, immoral, offensive, obscene, or controversial, taking into account the nature of the Stock Asset,
examples of which could include ads for tobacco; adult entertainment clubs or similar venues or services; implied or
stated endorsements of political parties or other opinion-based movements; or implying mental or physical
impairment;" I do not attempt to interpret this, because (I must repeat) I am not a lawyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend to look up the licensing terms and decide if your use case fits. If you can't reach a conclusion, you should consult a lawyer specialized in this matter.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for those points. I gives me a lot to think about. 

Cheers,

Mathieu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started