License terms for usage in magazine produced by another organization

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is submitting an article to a magazine that is being produced by another organization. Does our standard license (through our adobe teams subscription) allow us to include a few adobestock images with the written content to be printed in that magazine.? There will be less than 500,000 copies. I wasn't sure, since the magazine is produced by another organization. Would they need to own the license, or would our license cover that?

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are asking questions about the fine lines in the licensing, and the answer is: It depends! I, in your case, would simply acquire the needed licences a second time. It's probably cheaper than asking your lawyer, except if you have an IP lawyer in-house. And don't forget, if you acquire the licences, they need to acknowledge your terms, that need at least to be as stringent as the Adobe terms. If they acquire the licences on their behalf, they are bound to the Adobe licensing terms anyhow, but it's solely their responsibility.

If it is a press release, you'll have the answer in the licensing terms.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started