• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License wording confuses me

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a potter who makes very small runs of hand made tableware. I intend to use the subscription service to download vectors that I will turn into stencils and apply them to the pots using sand blasting and airbrushing. the standard license says

"With a Standard license, you may not:

Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. "

A regular 11" plate from me costs £40 and I'm looking to sell plates which I use an adobe asset on for no more than £60 Does this mean I don't have to buy an extended license? Clearly the value of my plate is the majority of the cost and the handmade quality of the item is where the vast majority of the value lies. It does go on to say 

"For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it."

Now I also sell mugs but again they are hand made by me and sell for a minimum of £25 and with the asset I could charge £35. As I read it I should be OK to go ahead with a standard license.

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

I think your interpretation is open to doubt, and you should have it verified by a lawyer before you sell any plates. Adobe WILL NOT clarify or explain their licenses, because only the actual words of the contract have any legal force.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your interpretation is open to doubt, and you should have it verified by a lawyer before you sell any plates. Adobe WILL NOT clarify or explain their licenses, because only the actual words of the contract have any legal force.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly I just make plates in my garage and sell them to friends and family to cover costs, getting lawyers in just isn't feasible. It's a shame but I guess this product just isn't for me. Even getting an extended license seems iffy now because of how legalese can be misconstrued by someone like me. 

Guess my excuses not to get better with illustrator have all run out. 

Unless there happens to be a copyright lawyer reading this who can tell me otherwise >_<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started