• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensed Vector File not as advertised

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just licensed a vector AI file from my Illustrator library. It says that the file is 6000x2000px and 2MB, when I open the file, it is 59x33pt and unscalable without becoming completely blurry and pixelated. I went into Adobe Stock online and downloaded the file to my hard drive to see if I would get a different result, and I did not.

The file # in Adobe Stock is  422704919 (Indian Bollywood Cinema)

Please advise if this file can be made usable and scalable as a vector, or if not, can I get my license credit returned?

[moderator deleted attached original file.]

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Hi @SmartStrongSafe ,

The file is a real vector graphics that can be scaled without any problem. You need to use Adobe Illustrator, however, to open it correctly. That lets me wonder what program you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRRRRRR....I just licensed a DIFFERENT file and the same thing happened. Is there something wrong with Adobe Stock today, or is it the producers of these files? The second file with the same problem is #245843839

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SmartStrongSafe ,

The file is a real vector graphics that can be scaled without any problem. You need to use Adobe Illustrator, however, to open it correctly. That lets me wonder what program you used?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am opening both files in Adobe Illustrator, they say they are vectors but they are not performing like vectors. I see multiple discussions in the forum about this issue, did you test the files in Illustrator, or are you reading the specs in Adobe Stock like I did before I purchased the licenses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did open the file that you shared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me understand, then, what might be going wrong? As I mentioned, I licensed the file from my Library in Illustrator, and when I open the file, it looks fine, but when you look at the properties, the file is teeny. When I put the file into my document and resize it to fit, it becomes a blurry, pixelated mess. After this happened, I tried several different approaches, all with the same result. Then I went into Adobe Stock online, downloaded the file to my computer and tried placing it into my Illustrator document. I had the same result, a teeny file that becomes a pixelated mess when it's enlarged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" when you look at the properties, the file is teeny." That almost proves it is a vector, as an image would be big. No, I don't have an explanation, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What applications and version numbers did you use?

Abambo_0-1656318159869.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started