• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

limits for editing adobe stock photos?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm new in using adobe stock, just purchased an extended licence for a pic and wanted to some simple adjustments on photoshop (contrast and shading). It doesn't work. When I add the layers, the changes are mostly lost. With a screenshot of the photo that doesn't happen. So are adobe photos restricted for editing? Is there something I'm not doing right? I never experienced this problem with photoshop...

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Stock Photos are not restricted from editing. What exactly are your steps for the Editing? It seems that it can be a hadnling Problem of Photoshop itself?! What are the Layer Options and how did you save that changes? Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply, I was adding the layer brightness and contrast, changed both parameters, saw the change, wanted to reduce all visible layers and parts of the change disappeared (weirdly in the centre of the pic). It did not matter whether I saved it or not, the change was not there. I really don't understand it, never had such an issue with photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

There are absolutely no software restrictions to edit and modify stock assets, and this is true for Adobe stock, but also for its competitors. Indeed, it is essential to the buyer that he can modify the asset to their needs. There are some legal limits, but those won't probably apply to you.

If you give the asset ID to us, we could check about your problems, and we may advise what to do. I suspect some kind of Photoshop issue, like saving the asset somewhere in a different format, but opening the original data again, instead of the modified data. I would check that first, it happened once to me…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the quick reply and the info. Is this the photo-ID: AdobeStock_86970869 ? (blue parrot feathers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

There is absolutely no problem editing this file:

Abambo_1-1669996282661.png

Edited and saved and reopened:

Abambo_2-1669996364951.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks, I guess it's my photoshop which is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks, I guess it's my photoshop which is not working

By @Jessica27401932pd80

What is your OS and version, what is your Photoshop version? A JPEG file is such a basic file type, and saving is such a basic operation, I doubt that it is Photoshop.

Where are you saving your data? Cloud? Local disk? External disk? Stick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not the saving that is the problem, it's the reducing the layers. but I think I know what the problem is: the changes in contrast get only lost while reducing the layer in the areas where the feathers have these strange lines (similar to when you take a pic of a computer screen, not too sure if its a reflection of light). I think those pose a problem for the editing. but as I've never experienced this before, I'm not too sure. I've encountered the same problem with gimp, when editing contrast and brightness there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is only one restriction in Photoshop to edit assets. That's when you are editing banknotes. The fine details in this file may trigger this banknote protection. I can't, however, not assist you, if you do not answer the questions here.

You can also post the system info from Photoshop→Help here. The first few lines are enough.

Is there an error message?

Please post screenshots from the operation that you do and that you suspect being the problem. That would help me to copy the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started