Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lots rejections for "ARTIFACTS problem"

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Can anyone help me in details about ""ARTIFACTS problem"?

I have read suppot blog and posts here, per my understanding, the artifacts means you don't color too much/sharp, correct?

I think this is not noise/composition/focus since Adobe has different codes. So I would read it as "color" issue?

When shoot in raw, no color adding maybe ok. But what if shoot in jpg and without adjustment, images look pale and dead.  From my experiences, these adjustments would be rejected in highl ratio ""ARTIFACTS problem". But those rejected photos maybe happened to sell on other site.

Really confused, thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, saving in JPEG makes artefacts and every edit adds more If you shoot in JPEG, don’t edit for any reason, not even cropping. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artifacts include noise - luminance and chromo - colour noise. Also, JPEG, especially if shot with a smartphone. Here you can get JPEG compression artifacts. They become noticeable when enlarged, but, can look great on social media. If you sharpen too much you get halos around the edges - artifacts, using noise reduction too much - makes the picture look like a painting - this will cause rejection at AS and the list can go on. Post-processing is necessary to some extent, but you have to actually know what and by how much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have exame all images in 100% to check noise, unless the noise standard is different.

And before I do check noise, I've got lots of noise rejection from Adobe, that's how I learned to check in 100%.

So I would  think this ""artifacts" not noise.?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise is under the artifacts category.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for explaination, so when shoot in jpg, without touching, noise is terrible over the image.

If I just correct the noise, but no color and others editing? but again, it looks pale and dead.

For some people report their images sell good, their profiles look colorful, it can't be original raw or jpg without touching color or at least auto adjustment......?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Therein lies the art of taking a good image and having good post-processing techniques.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started