Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MISLEADING IRREVOCABLE LICENSING POLICY

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Stock,

You have gravely disappointed me in my first 2 weeks in using your service. In fact, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

At no point does Adobe Stock notify a BRAND NEW USER that downloading an image is an IRREVOCABLE action that takes away from your "asset allotment" for the "month". You don't even notify the customer what the "monthly" billing period is, nor do you state whether images unused roll-over on months.

I am shocked that upon reaching out to Support, I WAS COMPLETELY UNHELPED. I accidentally downloaded 6 stock images, and was told that none could be refunded because I UNKNOWINGLY IRREVOCABLY purchased images in an attempt to PREVIEW ONLY by MISTAKE as a BRAND NEW USER. I was then haggled by the support provider and told that only "premium images" could be credited to my Stock account, and "standard" images could not. SO, effectively they can only refund an expensive image, but still require that a lesser-quality "standard" image is somehow not refundable. Mind you, this is over 6 images; 3 of which were each of the same kind of catalog template, the other 3 of the same kind of invitation template. I obviously did not understand that as I was trying to choose among templates, I accidentally downloaded the images and Adobe's policy makes it so it irrevocably detracts from my "asset allotment" for monthly period they don't even make clear.

ABSOLUTELY MISLEADING. I WILL BE TAKING MY BUSINESS TO SHUTTER STOCK and FREEIMAGES.COM instead.

Thank you,

New Customer. No longer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Hi there,

I apologize for the experience that you've had so far with Adobe Stock and I've noted the feedback for the same. Be assured that we're working on improving the experience and I'll make sure I pass this feedback to the Stock team for improvements.

Also, I did check your case which you've logged with the customer support and I see that they've added 6 free licenses to your account as a resolution to your issue.

Let me know if you're still facing issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please read below my remarks and we will see if Adobe staff can be of help to your problem.

revcurejaclyn  wrote

At no point does Adobe Stock notify a BRAND NEW USER that downloading an image is an IRREVOCABLE action that takes away from your "asset allotment" for the "month".

As long as you download preview images (with the logo in), there will be no image credit taken away. Buying an image takes away the credit. There is no possibility to undo that operation as you have downloaded the full resolution not-watermarked version of an asset. As an exception, when you made a mistake, Adobe staff can add image credits to your account again for the erroneously licensed images.

revcurejaclyn  wrote

You don't even notify the customer what the "monthly" billing period is, nor do you state whether images unused roll-over on months.

The rollover is a full year of credits (ie if you have a 10 images/month subscription, rollover will be up to 120 images). Rolled over credits have a lifespan of one year. So if after a year they are still not used, they will be taken out and lost. That is stated in the conditions prior to take a subscription:

revcurejaclyn  wrote

I am shocked that upon reaching out to Support, I WAS COMPLETELY UNHELPED. I accidentally downloaded 6 stock images, and was told that none could be refunded because I UNKNOWINGLY IRREVOCABLY purchased images in an attempt to PREVIEW ONLY by MISTAKE as a BRAND NEW USER. I was then haggled by the support provider and told that only "premium images" could be credited to my Stock account, and "standard" images could not. SO, effectively they can only refund an expensive image, but still require that a lesser-quality "standard" image is somehow not refundable. Mind you, this is over 6 images; 3 of which were each of the same kind of catalog template, the other 3 of the same kind of invitation template. I obviously did not understand that as I was trying to choose among templates, I accidentally downloaded the images and Adobe's policy makes it so it irrevocably detracts from my "asset allotment" for monthly period they don't even make clear.

Post the image ids here and get help from friendly twaritar3263062 or Sheena Kaul​.

Please post also the Adobe case number, so that Adobe staff can look into your case and handle that gracefully.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I apologize for the experience that you've had so far with Adobe Stock and I've noted the feedback for the same. Be assured that we're working on improving the experience and I'll make sure I pass this feedback to the Stock team for improvements.

Also, I did check your case which you've logged with the customer support and I see that they've added 6 free licenses to your account as a resolution to your issue.

Let me know if you're still facing issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started