• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More Diversity?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion: Adobe Stock needs much more ethnic diversity in its photos. Mostly, all I find is white folks in the shots (healthcare and senior health area) which is not the best for my publishing area. Not sure why that is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback related to diversity, however, the images displayed on the Stock website entirely depends on the keywords provided by the contributor.

Also, as you mentioned that you have tried searching for the word 'black', it displays photographs from all instances like a black background etc, in this scenario, I would suggest you to check in the box saying 'include people' from the filter option. Please see the screenshot for a better understanding of the filter menu:

Feel fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I understand your concern, however, Adobe has included an immense collection of images but still could you please elaborate the type of image you are trying to search so that I can further help you further?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My area of interest is nursing home healthcare. And, at least ideally, I’d like to see more photos from other ethnic groups, since many, many caregivers in nursing homes come from all types of ethnic backgrounds, not to mention the elders themselves.

Check it out… most photos in that category are of white folks… I’d guess over 95%. I do see the possibilities of this same problem in other healthcare areas, too, such as hospitals, but I have not searched those areas in enough detail to know for sure…. There might be a few more, but still not enough perhaps.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I tried to run a search along with some region names and there were different results.

Would you mind trying the same?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched up with keywords "nursing home healthcare" - and I see mix of all ethnic groups.  If you like to see more of specific ethnic groups, please try to be more specific on your keywords i.e. nursing home healthcare asian, etc

As stated, search results are from keywords for each images and based on images that stock has.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to what Twarita has mentioned, all images are provided by contributors/photographers that upload their own photos. If there is a certain area of photographs you feel is not well represented then perhaps contact a photographer to shoot some. That photographer could make some good money.

So in short, Adobe doesn't control the specific types of images. They are all supplied by photographers around the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saying it's completely out of Adobe's hands, and putting the onus/blame back on the original commenter to "perhaps contact a photographer to shoot some" is a wiping-your-hands-from-it redirect and doesn't address the larger issue that there IS a real overload of whiteness on Adobe Stock. And as a huge company in these modern times, Adobe could make an effort to invite more diverse photographers to their roster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome to contribute.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I. Am. Not. A. Photographer. I. (along with others, apparently) Just. Want. To. See. More. Diversity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I too am finding a lack of ethnic representation in a lot of areas. Two such searches I have done are in Youth Swimming and Maternity. For instance a Maternity search, photographic, including people offered 127,000 search results in all instances. The addition of the words 'Black' and 'Asian' produced results of just 191. Diverse representation within almost all areas is a must nowadays and if photographers are selling their images to adobe, they should be encouraged to offer a more diverse selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, on changing search criteria I have since had a lot more hits. However, use of the word 'black' for instance brings up BW photography or a black background, a black dress etc. Are Adobe thinking of adding a photographic colour filter to omit searches for BW or colour photographs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback related to diversity, however, the images displayed on the Stock website entirely depends on the keywords provided by the contributor.

Also, as you mentioned that you have tried searching for the word 'black', it displays photographs from all instances like a black background etc, in this scenario, I would suggest you to check in the box saying 'include people' from the filter option. Please see the screenshot for a better understanding of the filter menu:

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita,

thanks for your quick reply. I think you have inadvertently highlighted the problems with the confusion with the filters! I always check the 'include people' in my search criteria if people are what I am looking for. However it does not search for 'only' people (see your screenshot image far right for 'Black Friday'. If the filter could show JUST for instance, 'Asian people in Black and White' or Black People in Colour', then the filters would be better utilised. Hope this makes sense? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I understand your point here and thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. I will go ahead and share the feedback with our product team.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Looking for images in construction,engineering, software, building design engineering, BIM software, etc. Lots and lots of white faces...the only man of color was driving a forklift. Not okay, Adobe. You need to seek out more diversity in professional role photos. That is literally YOUR job, not as I saw below, up to users to source/take their own photos and sell them to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Stock team is actively working to address this. Take a look at https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/how-to-find-adobe-stock-advocates-work-indigenous-c...

There are several links that may be helpful to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started