• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My client request my images I bought in Adobe Stock for their brochure.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to answer to a request like that? I did a brochure for this client. I used my Adobe Stock account and charge them almost $10 dls each one. Now, 20 days after he call requesting those images. I guess to use it or to give it to another designer and use it in another advertising. 
How Adobe manage this? Who have the rights to use it? Can I use it in different works/clients?
I'm a little bit confused.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

The link below points to the current terms and provides the section for license transfer.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/transfer-license-to-a-client/td-p/11990240

In general when you license an asset for work for a client that license is for that use. If you use that asset for other work for a different client you would need to license the asset again. This can be done in your license history.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all written in the licence terms. BTW: What you charge your customer is none of our business. I hope, however, for you, that the customer did also pay you for the brochure work.

Your customer has the right to use them, according to and in respect with the licencing terms, but it depends on your relationship with that customer, how you handle that. Before you hand over assets, the customer needs to accept the Adobe licence terms or terms of yours that are at least as stringent as Adobe's. Read the licensing terms, it's all in there. Here is the short: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms#standardLicenses

You can't use the assets again for a different customer or your needs except if you take a second licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below points to the current terms and provides the section for license transfer.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/transfer-license-to-a-client/td-p/11990240

In general when you license an asset for work for a client that license is for that use. If you use that asset for other work for a different client you would need to license the asset again. This can be done in your license history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohhh... I see. Now I see the "License Again" button. Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started