• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mystery Charge on Adobe Stock Trial

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I signed up for the free trial with ten images. I have a one dollar USD charge to my credit card from Adobe now which is fine but I can't find the source of the charge. I'm just trying to find the part of the ``free trial'' that wasn't actually free so I can read more into it an understand what I would be getting myself into if I remain an adobe stock customer. For the ten stock photo trial I'm perfectly fine with having these images being heavily discounted as opposed to free, but if your practice is to charge my card without any clear records as to why then there is absolutely no chance I'm going to dedicate to a year long contract.

What caused the charge on my account for my free trial stock photo trial..? If the answer is buried in some fine print in the terms and conditions you've certainly lost a customer. Going through my order history all charges are stated as $0.00 USD. $1.00USD is more than reasonable for a stock photo, but if adobe is going to play games with my billing there's no chance I'm going to stick around to find out what kind of surprises I'll find down the road.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

The one dollar charge is a dummy to check if the credit card is valid. It is common practice and also happens with other internet sales (ie I have that regularly with Amazon). The charge will disappear soon.

Nb: It's quite the same hotels and car rentals do for "reserving" additional fees, but there the amounts are more considerable and my impact the card limits.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The one dollar charge is a dummy to check if the credit card is valid. It is common practice and also happens with other internet sales (ie I have that regularly with Amazon). The charge will disappear soon.

Nb: It's quite the same hotels and car rentals do for "reserving" additional fees, but there the amounts are more considerable and my impact the card limits.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started