Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Need a one of Vector image for a new book cover but must be 300dpi

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need just a one of vector image which I have found but only need it for a book cover at 300dpi I will not require any more downloads after this but do not want to sign up for a years subscription

If I take out a months subscription will the image be downloaded at the required 300dpi

This is my first attempt to design a book cover for my upcoming book

Thanks

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector images per se are good for any print size and resolution you need if and only if they are inserted in your work as VECTOR asset and not as a pixel graphic (JPG for example). Vector graphics will assume any resolution required as they do not store image points but the instructions to draw, during print time, the corresponding lines and geometric objects, making the resolution optimal for the print technology used.

If you have purchased (licensed) the asset, download it as a vector graphic. (Ai, EPS, SVG). Vector graphics are best opened with Illustrator, but if they are correctly saved into stock, they could be used without having Illustrator in the best available quality.

Report back with the program used to typeset your book if you have problems.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo

Thanks for your reply however I really do not understand what you are saying its way above my technical understanding sorry about that

All I want is one image but do not want to sign up for a years subscription is there any way I can just purchase a one-off vector image and have the license to enable me to use it for part of my next book cover?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I want is one image but do not want to sign up for a years subscription is there any way I can just purchase a one-off vector image and have the license to enable me to use it for part of my next book cover?

It's in the licensing terms. You need to read them. But yes, basically as long as you stay under a print run (distribution in the case of an e-book) of 500.000 copies (all together), you can use the license for as many books as you want, as long as you are the end customer. This means that you can't do some work for client A and then for client B and using the same license.

As for the technical stuff: If you did not understand my explanation, I strongly suggest you hire someone for doing the cover artwork. You just need to know those 2 basic things:

• Vector images are good for print and print resolution is always optimal.
  • You need a program to work with vector images which is different than the program you use for photos/pictures.

However, depending on the program you use to typeset your book, this program may be able to be used for the cover design too. Just to say: Microsoft Word won't do it!

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started