• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help tracking down missing image

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm in the right forum; I started out at stock.adobe.com and got here by clicking a couple links ...

Anyway, I downloaded a picture of a Chinese dragon with the ID 515910371 from StockAdobe some time ago. I decided to purchase an extended license, so that I can incorporate the picture into some designs I want to sell on clothing and accessories.

However, I can no longer find the image on StockAdobe's website.

I uploaded the image to Google Images and did a visual search. It displayed just one result, to a different website - https://www.wiore.com/?category_id=2034837

However, when I clicked on the link, I didn't see the image.

Can anyone help me figure out what this image's status is? I've already placed the image in a book I'm going to publish soon. As long as I have an Adobe ID, then it should be legal, right?

[attachment removed by moderator]

Thank you.

TOPICS
Account management , Search

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

There can be multiple causes for the image no more being available. One may be that the author simply deleted the image, the other may be that Adobe deleted the image due to quality issues. A third possibility may be that the author's account got closed because he violated the contributor agreement. In all cases, when you have licensed the image correctly, you may still legally use the asset.

If the contributor stole the image, you are protected by the Adobe indemnification clause, when you ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There can be multiple causes for the image no more being available. One may be that the author simply deleted the image, the other may be that Adobe deleted the image due to quality issues. A third possibility may be that the author's account got closed because he violated the contributor agreement. In all cases, when you have licensed the image correctly, you may still legally use the asset.

If the contributor stole the image, you are protected by the Adobe indemnification clause, when you are getting a strike, but you may be constraint, depending on the legal situation, to cease using the asset. I'm not a lawyer, I cannot counsel here.

Remark:

The link you posted does not lead to a website with that picture. You should delete that one, or you may be considered spamming the fora.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started