Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Not created with PDF Compatible FIle

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Fotolia/Adobe Stock for years, and have never had an issue opening files.  Twice today, though. I've run into files that can't be opened because they were not saved with "Create PDF Compatible File" option turned on.  #278590899 and #278590877. I'm informed that they can be opened using Illustrator. Trouble is, I don't own Illustrator (I use Affinity Designer and Photoshop).

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a bunch of Adobe Illustrator files that do not embed the PDF data, which is a pity as that makes the files unusable for users not having (the latest) Illustrator.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply. I totally agree - this is marketed as a stock photo service - NOT a stock photo service for those who own Illustrator.  Going forward, I will be sure to always preview before licensing.

All the best,
Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started