• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original digital design using a stock image

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so yes I've read the license information several times but I'm still a little confused.  What I am needing is say a vector image of a crown.  I would be incorporating that with words / font (ie bible verse) to create a new SVG that I could resale.  Is that allowed with the Extended License?  I have many ideas but not much in the way of artistic abilities to create some of the vectors I need to make my original design come to life.  Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Ok   Just spoke with Admin and got a clear answer.  If a file is purchased (with an extended license) for commercial use, it is then an image I can use as I need.  I purchased the commercial right to use it however I want, if it's creating a item for resale or not.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has this concern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can’t incorporate stock data for resale (or sub license) just by adding a bible verse. Neither the crown nor the verse are your original creation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that wasn't all I was going to put together was those 2 items, was just an example, sorry if I made it sound that way.  So these files that have 20 different crosses and/or 20 different crowns are allowed to be used commercially how?  Why would I pay $80 for an extended license if I'm not able to use Stock images in an original piece?  Say adding a cross, ornament and a flower element (purchased extended license for those stock images @$80 each) to a handwritten quote.  If an extended license doesn't cover resale of digital design in that case, why would someone purchase it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customers are buying the asset because they would like to print it. Or they would like to use it on their website. 

You can sell your work you do with the asset you acquired but you would need to transfer the rights of that assest to your customer. For the next customer, you would need to acquire a new license of the same asset. That’s how stock assets work.

The problem is not the use, but the use for resell. That would be a strange business model: You buy assets, put them on your website for resale (let’s say with minimal modification) and earn money each time someone buys your asset and not honoring your due to the original creator of the artwork.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok   Just spoke with Admin and got a clear answer.  If a file is purchased (with an extended license) for commercial use, it is then an image I can use as I need.  I purchased the commercial right to use it however I want, if it's creating a item for resale or not.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has this concern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started