• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshopping Two Istock Images together

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a paid subcriber to Adobe Stock Images....is it legal to take parts of one image and photoshop them into another image?

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do what ever you want and use it for personal reasons. Just don't try to resell it for stock. That wouldn't be fair to the original artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure you can do that and this is one of the uses that stock has. There are only a few restrictions as laid out in the terms. As @PaintedKitty said, the underlying work still belongs to the original artists, so you will still be bound to the licensing terms. However, the modifications are your (c) and you can do that for a paid customer work.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started