• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture used for charity purposes

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can I use an image to show an animal I want to rehome for a charity if the picture has a standard license?
It's a charity so we don't profit but people do pay a set rehoming fee to cover the animals' treatments and care.

I just need to know if that's considered advertising the animal or "selling" the animal.

p.s. they will know that's not the actual animal but animals with a picture do get more interest and the real animal can't be shown for legal purposes.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is my own interpretation of the licensing as I'm not an Adobe Employee, but I believe this falls under marketing & advertisement and seems ok with a standard license.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Licencing makes no difference between charity and commercial operations.

So, my opinion of this is:

• If you make advertising, I do see no problem with a standard licence.
  • If you sell posters, t-shirts, mugs etc that is merchandising and will need an extended licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started