• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pixelated blurry image with license?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licensed image 120114648 and it opens pixelated and blurry.  It is licensed not just a preview.  I downloaded to my computer and even in the file preview it is blurry and pixelated.  I deleted and and downloaded again from my license history and it still is blurry.  Is the image bad?  If not, what else could I try to make the image clear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

There exist different flavors of Ai files all perfectly Ai, but it may well be that the flavor this file uses is quite incompatible with your software.

If you want to do the test to look at the file yourself, you can take the 7 days trial version of Ai and check your file with Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program did you use to open the asset?

As it is a vector graphics it’s best opened with Adobe Illustrator.

If you open with a different program, depending on the program you used, you will see effects as you described.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that it is best with Adobe Illustrator but I have a program called Graphic for Mac.  I have never had any problems opening .ai files and I have worked with hundreds.  The other thing is even on the preview screen on my Mac it shows as blurry.  So, the issue is not specific to the program that I am trying to open it with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just licensed this image and downloaded. I opened it in Illustrator and it looks completely crisp and clear like all vector based graphics. I would suspect you need to check with other software maker or use Illustrator to open and edit illustrator files. Here is the image zoomed in to over 1200% to show how clear it is.2019-03-17_14-43-16.png

Here is the original preview image...

500_F_120114648_q8FSfGIMwbCK8q8X08kuPCu3gePYDySt.jpg

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the input!!  Do you know why the image would look distorted in the Mac preview window?  I have never had any image file be distorted in that view.  Typically an .ai file will preview fine in the Mac Finder window but without illustrator it won't open the the file because it will say that I don't have a program to open the file.  Thank you again for your response.  I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There exist different flavors of Ai files all perfectly Ai, but it may well be that the flavor this file uses is quite incompatible with your software.

If you want to do the test to look at the file yourself, you can take the 7 days trial version of Ai and check your file with Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looping in Sheena Kaul​ or twaritar3263062 for expert advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started