• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help small business owner regarding Stock images?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting a new business and want to create a business card and a website with a single image. I have found one I like on Adobe Stock. I am thinking that if my business succeeds, I will be using the image for several years. So does that mean to use just the one image, I have to have a continuous plan with Adobe Stock and keep paying for that image every month for years to come? Can't I just buy a single image outright? And if I can't do that here, can anyone recommend a website where I can? I've looked at free sites like Pixabay, but most of the content is terrible. I am happy to pay for an image for my branding, but not every month for years on end! Advice please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

1st: You can’t use your stock image as a logo or similar. That’s not possible.

2nd: Any stock images you buy are yours on a perpetual basis even after cancelling the subscription if you have one. Even if you take the 10 images first month free, cancel risk free offer and after that first month you cancel, you can keep the 10 images and use them according to the license conditions on a perpetual basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st: You can’t use your stock image as a logo or similar. That’s not possible.

2nd: Any stock images you buy are yours on a perpetual basis even after cancelling the subscription if you have one. Even if you take the 10 images first month free, cancel risk free offer and after that first month you cancel, you can keep the 10 images and use them according to the license conditions on a perpetual basis.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is just putting the picture on your business card considered a logo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No!

A logo is a distinct mark to identify you and your business. Logo - Wikipedia .

Taking a picture and putting that on your business card does not make it necessarily a logo.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started