• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor quality masking in .png files and unusable vector file

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a number of .png images of pine tree/holiday greenery and ornaments and the masking was poorly done.  531111567, 532282361, 537863780

This vector art was so poorly built that it was impossible to get rid of the "fake transparency grid" to make it usable: 463136072

Please credit my account for 4 images and do a better job of doing quality control on the images you offer.

Thank you,

Lisa

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Hello, I've verified 3 PNG assets have poor masking and 1 vector with an unusual checkerboard layer bound to the top layer. I've granted you 4 replacement credits and will send the assets to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the assets.

masking issue 531111567.PNG

transparent checker grid is bound to top layer.PNG

532282361 mask.PNG

masking 537863780.PNG

    

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose @Contributor1 will chime in to check the assets and react accordingly.

As for the vector art, did you open the file with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator? I agree that the asset is strangely built, but I get rid of the fake grid in half a minute:

Abambo_0-1668535566880.png

On the layers' palette, click the > of the first layer.

Abambo_1-1668535645080.png

Click the > of the Clip Group.

Abambo_2-1668535713562.png

Scroll down, click the eye icons of the last 2 items. If you want to get rid of the White to transparent background gradient, click also the eye button of the Group, just above.

Abambo_3-1668535929670.png

Et voilà! I'm not sure what the second layer does, I think this one can be securely deleted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of you to have figured that out, but I was on a deadline and found another image that worked immediately. I'm asking about a credit to my account at this point. Maybe I need to be asking for that elsewhere, but this forum was what I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've verified 3 PNG assets have poor masking and 1 vector with an unusual checkerboard layer bound to the top layer. I've granted you 4 replacement credits and will send the assets to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the assets.

masking issue 531111567.PNG

transparent checker grid is bound to top layer.PNG

532282361 mask.PNG

masking 537863780.PNG

    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Contributor1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started