• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premium Images

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am looking to purchase this image, on adobe stock. 405276630. If I purchase the small image to start, and, at a later stage I need the bigger image, is it possible to only pay the oustanding portion that I have not paid, or would I need to spend £199 for the small to start and then latere pay the full £399 on the large?

TOPICS
Account management , General , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

If you buy the license for the smaller file and later choose to buy the license for the larger file you would pay the full price for the larger file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@moniqueg95482030,

I suppose that @WendellaBee can help to clarify your question.

I fear that you would need to license the higher resolution picture for the full price again.

The high-resolution/low-resolution picture need can, however be evaluated, when you know the use (print, web, film)  and the size of the asset as represented.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo, Thanks for your reply. I suspect you are correct. Pay the full price for the both regardless of wheter or not the smaller was already purchased, however, it does seem a bit pointless, especially since you have spent half on the smaller image already.
Unfortunately we have not yet decided whether or not the larger image will be needed. We currently only have use for the smaller image. £399 would be double and not worth that much if not used.  I look forward to a reply from @WendellaBee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no proration if you license the small version of a premium asset and then decide to larger file. Keep in mind that Adobe pays royalties to the owner of the file. We wouldn't want to shortchange our contributors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply EvilBugQueen1. Just to be make sure I understand correctly. If I bought the smaller image for £199, I would not really be getting as prorated rate for the lager image of £399, I would just pay in the difference, so pay an additional £199 at a later stage to get the bigger file of an image I already paid £199 for. The Total amount the photographer would be getting is still £399.
The photographer would get £199 for the small image, and an additional £199 for the larger file of the same image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy the license for the smaller file and later choose to buy the license for the larger file you would pay the full price for the larger file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying. Ok, I see, well that is a lot of money if that is the case. I will need to think quite carefully before deciding. Appreciate your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started