• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchase for resale

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried so hard to get an answer from Adobe but the contact system is useless! 
Can someone please clarify that Premium images can not be used for resale? We are wanting to our use a range of images to resell as framed prints for our homewares store. It seems the only licence that would cater to this is an 'extended licence'?

my only issue with that is everything offered in this range is of small quality & pxl, which does not help if we're wanting to print at A1 size.
How do I get around this as Premium images meet our needs but it seems cannot be used for this purpose?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "small quality and pixels"? Please be specific - pick an image (give its number) and say your intended print size, and people will have a view on whether you are right or wrong. Make sure you are not judging size from the preview!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so take this image for example 

https://stock.adobe.com/au/images/pigeon-island-kusadasi-turkey/155019603?prev_url=detail

It states dimensions are 3872 x 2592px

which means it would not allow me to print to A1 size with clear quality, is that correct? 
(forgive me, I am still new to this!)

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That image is not a premium image. Standard assets come with a standard licence or an extended licence. The extended licence can be used on merchandising.

The size as you indicated is able to be used for printing for up to 983x658mm@100dpi. A1 is 594 x 841mm, so that should work out. If you have ever looked at a poster from the supermarket or hardware store, you will have noticed that the resolution decreases with increasing size, this is because the viewing distance increases. I've had images printed at 50dpi, but you notice the drop in quality. If necessary, you can still upsample images between 50-100%. Photoshop and others do an excellent job here today. The prerequisite, however, is that the source is flawless.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo for your very helpful answer. I really appreciate it!
I guess the main concern is what images I can purchase without violating terms of licensing. I have read through all the articles and tried to contact support but I'm just not getting a clear answer.

I'm not producing a product with the image on it (eg, tshirts, mugs etc), just actually selling a printed poster of the image itself for customers to frame and display in their homes. Because there is different licensing for both standard & premium images, it's just not clear to me what I need to look & what licence needs to be purchased for our needs. 
I was hoping someone here could clarify for me. 
thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Printed posters are like t-shirts and mugs. An extended license is needed.

However, premium assets cannot be used for that. The license type required is not available for premium images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried so hard to get an answer from Adobe but the contact system is useless! 
Can someone please clarify that Premium images can not be used for resale?

By @Liz5E29

If you mean by resale merchandise: No, premium images can't be used for that. Premium images come with the enhanced licence! https://stock.adobe.com/uk/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started