• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing error when trying to license free Adobe Stock clip?

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a perfect video clip in the Adobe Stock free collection, but for some reason I cannot license it. I have seen other posts where people see the "purchasing error" dialog, but none of those solutions work for me. I can save the preview (watermarked) image to my CC Library, and I can insert the preview image into my After Effects comp. But, I cannot successfully license the (free) clip to remove the watermark. It does not work when trying to license from After Effects, or directly on the Adobe Stock website. I tried both Chrome and Edge, and neither works (Windows 10). Also, I have no strange characters in my username (one of the posts I saw said this was the problem in that case). Please help, and thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jampff,

Could you please share the asset ID here so we can troubleshoot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm not totally sure how to find the asset ID because I'm not a regular stock user, but I found the number 520684690 in the URL, right after .com/ . Is that it? It's a girl reading a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the asset number. Too bad you have to spend time searching for another while Adobe fixes the problem...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jampff,

I had a little more time to look into this.  We have a known issue where videos in the vertical format cannot be downloaded at this time. The team has been working on a fix, but I don't have an ETA at this time. Please choose another video that is not in the vertical format. You can filter out this format with the filter panel by choosing horizontal orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very sad news. How will users know when it is fixed? Will it be announced somewhere, in this forum perhaps? Thank you for looking into this. I imagine lots of folks must be disappointed to hear that a large portion of clips are no longer available.

Long shot question: since it's a "free clip" anyway, is there another way someone at Adobe could get the file to me? Just email it to me, perhaps? Just thought I'd ask. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect to have an update in a few days and will post on the forums and in this thread. Unfortunately I cannot provide the file to you because it cannot be licensed and the contributor would not receive the royalty for the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see. Thank you! Interesting that this bug also prevents contributors from getting paid for a large number of submissions. (I hadn't considered that.) I would imagine if there was a way to upvote this (see my other reply below) contributors would want it fixed soon as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried looking for a Uservoice request for this (I'm used to Premiere Pro and their Uservoice forum) but couldn't find one for Adobe Stock. Does it exist somewhere I can't find? I would really like a way to somehow "upvote" this for the developers team. I would imagine that others may want to prioritize this also since the current situation excludes a laaaaaaaaaarrrrrrge selection of clips. It would be great if others who agree could chime in as well. If not through Uservoice, what's the appropriate way to send a "this is extra important to me" message to the team?

Thank you so much for your help, EBQ! I do appreciate you taking time to look into this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started