• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing Just One Single Image

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to purchase Storm and sunset. - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock but do not want to have to sign up to a plan or pay more than the cost of just the one single image. Is it possible to do this?  I realize there is an option to sign up to an annual plan whereby I can download 10 images for free, but I am guessing that there must be a catch because once I have passed over my payment details I am pretty well certain to keep getting charged each month.I mean what would be in it for Adobe if I were to sign up, download the image of my choice, only then to cancel my account? Always supposing I were to manage to download this image, would a standard license cover me for using this image on printed flyers of up to let's say 20,000, and/or on a website?

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Your question is clearly answered:

A standard license allows for up to 500k prints and unlimited views on a website.

Also there is no catch for the 10 free images as this is basically a teaser for you to use more and to take the subscription. The only catch is, that you really need to cancel the subscription for the end of your first month.

An alternative is buying credits. One credit is one image with a standard license. If you need an extended license (more than 500k prints, products for resale l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Hello T.,

I understand your concern. It is true we no longer offer on demand purchase of single image licenses. You could opt for the 3 image monthly plan that you may cancel at anytime, however you will lose any unused licenses if you cancel. Alternatively you could purchase 5 credit packs. These are a one time purchase that expire after one year. Credit packs can also be used to purchase videos and other non-standard assets unlike licenses provided with a subscription.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

In addition to subscription plans, Adobe offers credit packs, as described in this page:

https://stock.adobe.com/plans

There are also over a million free stock images on the site. Or you can sign up for a Free Stock 30-day Trial, good for 10 images, and then cancel the trial before 30 days have elapsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in Adobe Stock.

I checked the image as provided by you in the post above and it is a standard image which can be purchased via any subscription plan or credit packs. However, we don't have any option for a single image purchase so I'd advise you to either go ahead with the smallest plan which is for 3 images/month or you can purchase the Credit packs for Adobe Stock with which you can license any asset and they have a validity for an year.

Please see Adobe Stock pricing and membership plan | Adobe Stock for subscription plans and credit pack offerings.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. If I were to go ahead with the smallest plan, what payment details can be used? Can I use Paypal? If I download the image as part of the 10 free images offer and then wish to buy nothing further how would I go about cancelling before I get charged at the end of the first month? Whether I pay for the image or download it for free, am I able to use it for limited run of flyers and on a personal website for small business?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Payment using credit cards and PayPal is accepted for Adobe Stock in all supported countries. Payments using purchase orders can also be processed over the phone by calling the number listed at the bottom of the Adobe Stock plans page. You may also refer to Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock for more details.

When you subscribe to the Adobe Stock promo offer(10 images per month one-year plan) the first month is a  free trial, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month; the subscription billing actually starts from the second month.

If you cancel during the first-month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded. If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation.

For more information, please refer to Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

You may now self cancel your Adobe Stock subscription. Please refer to the help document Cancel your Adobe Stock membership  to understand the cancellation workflow.

Yes, you are allowed to use the Adobe Stock images(that are downloaded during the first month free trial) on a personal website provided you follow all the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?  of Adobe Stock.

Note: Any asset from Adobe Stock which is likely to be used in reselling purpose, requires an extended license.

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your further reply. However, you do not appear to have answered my question as to whether I am allowed to use free or purchased standard images on limited run printed flyers and/or on a personal small business website, either as a single small image or as a larger image in a jumbotron or slideshow. I'd appreciate you giving me an answer on this one so I know where I stand as per licensing restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is clearly answered:

A standard license allows for up to 500k prints and unlimited views on a website.

Also there is no catch for the 10 free images as this is basically a teaser for you to use more and to take the subscription. The only catch is, that you really need to cancel the subscription for the end of your first month.

An alternative is buying credits. One credit is one image with a standard license. If you need an extended license (more than 500k prints, products for resale like T-shirts), you need to use the credits anyway, as the subscription provides for standard licenses only.

I do not know what “jumbotron“ is, but you may include the image in a slideshow, as long as you do not distribute the image ie the slideshow is a product for sale.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumbotron, a very large video display screen as seen at sports stadiums and concert venues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 10 free images can be used according to the license terms. There is no difference between image assets aquired during the first (free) month and subsequent months.

Even if you cancel after the first month, you will still be able to use the 10 images and the licenses do never expire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to buy a single image via Adobe Stock and now have to buy a monthly subscription. Shame on you Adobe, for us not living in 1st world countries this is too expensive an option in order to be able to purchase the odd image. You are not serving your customers who pay a lot of money for the Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have it where we can buy the 1 image we want. Fotalia was like that.

You have just screwed up the entire process for those of us who do not need a plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to subscription plans, Adobe offers credit packs, as described in this page:

https://stock.adobe.com/plans

There are also over a million free stock images on the site. Or you can sign up for a Free Stock 30-day Trial, good for 10 images, and then cancel the trial before 30 days have elapsed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also buy a montly plan: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/purchasing-just-one-single-image/m-p/10741195#M4617...

(please note that the answer is from 2019, and in the meantime plans evolved!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed answers to my questions. I am grateful for your time. 

Incidentally, in Bootstrap web design and layout, jumbotron indicates an area often occupying the full width towards the top of a web page. This same area is also sometimes used to display a slideshow of several images, whereas a jumbotron generally only displays one static image.

Here is what W3 Schools have to say about jumbotron in Bootstrap design and layout. 

jumbotron indicates a big box for calling extra attention to some special content or information. A jumbotron is displayed as a grey box with rounded corners. It also enlarges the font sizes of the text inside it. Inside a jumbotron you can put nearly any valid HTML, including other Bootstrap elements/classes. Bootstrap Jumbotron and Page Header - W3Schools https://www.w3schools.com/booTsTrap/bootstrap_jumbotron_header.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have in the past purchased single image licences through Adobe Stock but have only just found out about the forced subscription when I tried to purchase a single image licence. I don't want to pay monthly or with credits when I only require images once in a while. I have always used Adobe products but this product I won't be using as there are much better options out there and I don't appreciate this style of business where you give people less options instead of more and force them into paying a premium when you pay the supplier a pittance for doing all the work. Upset? Yes, very. The word boycott comes to mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello T.,

I understand your concern. It is true we no longer offer on demand purchase of single image licenses. You could opt for the 3 image monthly plan that you may cancel at anytime, however you will lose any unused licenses if you cancel. Alternatively you could purchase 5 credit packs. These are a one time purchase that expire after one year. Credit packs can also be used to purchase videos and other non-standard assets unlike licenses provided with a subscription.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started