• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing stock video with credits?

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am wondering is it possible to purchase stock videos with credits or can you only buy videos for the price outlined on the video? I don't want to press the license button and accidentally buy a $100 video. Thanks!

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Hi there

Videos are available to purchase on-demand for the price stated.  You can't use standard asset image licenses to purchase a video.

Kind regards

Bev

[Edit - changed 'credits' to 'licenses' to avoid confusion]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Videos are available to purchase on-demand for the price stated.  You can't use standard asset image licenses to purchase a video.

Kind regards

Bev

[Edit - changed 'credits' to 'licenses' to avoid confusion]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Very misleading. If the video is not available for use with the image credits nor the monthly packages then it should not be listed as available on adobe stock.

I feel this Advertising is 100% CLEAR that credits can be applied to ANY item.

Am I somehow "misinterpreting" what is sated on this page?

Credit packs for Adobe Stock

Capture.JPG

I paid top dollar for 50 credits and was expecting to use them on video based on what was promised in the Credit Pack and subscription agreement.

Can someone at Adobe please explain what seems to be a contradiction:

1. Credit Packs state they can be used on ANY content, (using the word "UNIVERSAL")
  2. So is it true or not?
    If I have 50 credits on stock.adobe.com can I use them on video (as claimed by adobe) or not?
  3. If not, then please elaborate on what exactly is being sold in Credit Packs based on the language of the page above?
    Specifically, this line from the terms:
    "They’re universal; meaning that they can be applied toward the purchase of any content on Adobe Stock "

This page leaves me with what I feel is the most reasonable and obvious assumption: How is Video not part of "any content on Adobe Stock" if the credits are "universal".

If this "universe" is Adobe Stock, then Video is IN that universe. Thats the impression I was under when I shelled out $500 for 50 credits.

Please explain this Advertising

Capture.JPG

Thank you for your consideration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zagarskas

Sorry for the confusion caused.

When the original query was posted, Credit Packs were not available.  The reference to 'credits' at that time was therefore not regarding credit packs, but licenses.  We are now careful to refer to credits, only when discussing credit packs.

Credits packs can be used to license any content on Adobe Stock.

I see you have an Adobe Stock subscription for 10 standard licenses per month.  These licenses can be used for standard assets, not Premium assets or videos.

I couldn't find a Credit Pack order on your account.  Did you use a different Adobe ID to purchase this? 

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a lie and I have plenty of screenshot I am having the same problem now and this my membership is since 2017, also I've been paying ever since for what was called credits. I say we file an FTC complaint and consumer protection complaint against adobe over this... this obviously looks like fradulent misrepresentation or very least bait and switch... Im chating with consumer care and have all the screenshots of their back and forth mumbo jumbo clearly showing guilt. email me at [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] kimp6944, i have a direct line to the FTC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruben,

You can purchase credit packs from https://stock.adobe.com/plans#get-credits. HD videos are 8 credits, 4K video are 20 credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not the point, the point is how it was sold and even as stated by your employee in 2017, which is when i signed up it was labled as credits, I always saw credits on the top of my screen. As the user with the screenshot stated, credits where credits, if it wasnt misleading why change it, if it was why are those users not grandfathered? these are very simple standard practice questions? what was adobe trying to accomplish in misleading the consumer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Credits were only implemented when Adobe Stock began selling credit packs. The counter for subscription quota was previously labeled "Images". It is now labeled "Assets". Subscription quota can only be used for standard assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started