Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Query on use of stock images with standard license

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm planning on selling my personally created lightroom presets on etsy, but need photos to showcase the presets on.

I'm thinking of using stock photos to showcase before and afters using the presets; but I wouldn't be selling the stock photos themselves in the download - just my personally created presets. They would just be used to show what the presets look like in the listing.

Is the standard license sufficient for this? Or would the extended license be needed?

Asking as of course this would mean per preset pack I would have to be spending near to £500 on photos if buying the extended licenses!

Best,

Oliver

TOPICS
Licensing , Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pictures are not included, I think a standard license is OK.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the pictures would not be included in the download, just in promoting and showcasing the ability of the preset in the photos of the listing.

Thank-you for the swift and helpful reply & information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started