Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Myloview" copyright infringement

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I'm an author and photographer and I've put some of my pictures on sale on Adobe Stock. After checking the use of my pictures on the internet I've found that they were resold by a German based website called "myloview".

(link removed by moderator)

Screen.JPG

Their support agent says that "they bought it from Adobestock" and "it's not their fault".

I've never put on sale my pictures on their platform.

There's something wrong, right?

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. But do they sell customized products (like tee-shirts, mugs, or even wall art)? Many companies have a license from Adobe to offer the complete Stock catalog in this way. You aren't paid for appearance on the site (they only have the low res preview at this time). The artist is paid if a customized product is sold. 

However, if they are selling your photo as a downloadable photo, I'm pretty sure that is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are selling on-demand printing. And it looks like they are using Adobe's API to access the database. When they sell a print, you sell a licence, and you see that as a sale in your account. There are more of those resellers on the net. And they are all working towards your (and Adobe stocks) sales.

https://developer.adobe.com/stock/docs/faq/stock-api-business-faq/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started