Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sheena,

Per Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Quote:

"Do I need to add a photo credit?

We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article or for social media."

So when using the image on a corporate website (non-editorial) a credit is not required.

Can you confirm I've understood this correctly please?

Thanks,

Nigel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Hi Nigel,

As far as I understand your query, it seems you're looking for the correct details to add a credit line to the image.

You're right when using the image on a corporate website (non-editorial) a credit is not required. However you can reference the photographer anywhere on the website for their work.

But a proper Photo credit with the apt format is only required when using the image in an editorial article or for social media.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion,

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

If you are using an unmodified asset from Adobe Stock website, I would suggest you to include a credit line to the photographer.

The credit line(photographer's name) which you should mention on the image should be "© [Photographer's Name] /Adobe Stock."

If you are modifying the image, the credit line becomes optional. The image is considered modified when the final modified version of the image shows no resemblance to the original image.

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Twarita,

"I would suggest" is a little bit vague. Why can you not refer to actual Adobe corporate policy?

The article I linked to says one thing, and you are saying something completely different.  Do you speak as a person in the street or as an Adobe employee?  If the latter, can I kindly request that you state facts not heresay?

The policy statement I linked to says we don't need to credit images unless they are editorial. This is very clear and you are contradicting this.

I look forward to hearing from you again with references to Adobe policy statements if they differ from the one I linked to.

Best regards,

Nigel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

As far as I understand your query, it seems you're looking for the correct details to add a credit line to the image.

You're right when using the image on a corporate website (non-editorial) a credit is not required. However you can reference the photographer anywhere on the website for their work.

But a proper Photo credit with the apt format is only required when using the image in an editorial article or for social media.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena, that clears up the ambiguity very nicely.

Much appreciated!

Best regards,

Nigel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is considered aan "editorial article"?

A printed book is an editorial article?

If the images are modified and the modified version is printed as illustrations in the interior of the bookm does it need to be credited and how? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If in doubt, credit. Especially if you have the space, as with books. Books normally have a credits page, you can use that page to properly credit the illustrations authors. What is important with credits is to mention the author and Adobe stocks. So one form would be:  “Author Name - stock.adobe.com."  as indicated in the link above.

A modified asset is of mixed credits if the modification is more than a simple one.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started