• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: What the heck am I supposed to do with this file?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I just licensed this image #215100851 and two more of the images containing balloon-letters. This one is not even an ai file - it's a jpeg with the checkered background in it. There is no Clipping path...

Is there anything I can do about it?

Since the checkered background led me to thinking the images have a transparent bg, i feel kinda punked...

Regards

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for bring this series of images to my attention. Adobe Stock does not support transparent layers. I have taken the contributor account offline until we can remove all offending images.

Please contact customer service and they should be able to provide you with a refund for the download used on this image.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can MatHayward​ or Sheena Kaul​ assist with this please?

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across a LOT of these files over the last year. It's getting rather aggravating. Some are JPG screenshots that have been converted to AI in an attempt to make them seem legitimate, others are just straight JPG files made to look like they should be AI files from the screenshot. It seems the approval process needs some fixing, and the existing files need to be examined to get rid of the scam submissions. I know personally I now hesitate to pick any AI files for fear they'll be another scam, and that's not the impression I wanna have from Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has a rather stringent moderation process. This is, however, not a guarantee that there is not one or the other pictures slipping through. If you meet a picture that needs re-moderation, you can post the id here. It will be looked up and if it is not usable, it will be removed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with an Adobe Stock file.

I have checked the file(215100851) at my end and noticed that it is in the JPEG format.

In order to remove the checkerboard from the file please follow the steps as mentioned below:

Open the file with Photoshop, with the help of the "Quick Selection Tool" select the desired letters of the file. Use Select and Mask to refine the edges of the selection, then Right click on the layer and select the option "Layer Via Cut". Then turn off the background layer and save the file in the PNG format (once the PNG format dialog box appears, check in the interlacing option).

Additionally, if you only need a vector file, please filter your search results and select "vectors" as shown in the screenshot below:

Let us know if this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bring this series of images to my attention. Adobe Stock does not support transparent layers. I have taken the contributor account offline until we can remove all offending images.

Please contact customer service and they should be able to provide you with a refund for the download used on this image.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Matt!

I appreciate your help.

Regards

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi twaritar!

Thanks for your 'support'.

What you just suggested to do with the files is exactly what I did not want to do in the first place. In the description it says the files have a clipping path which is absolutely misleading as is the checkered background.

You should rather refine your content approval algorithms instead of suggesting a workaround.

Regards

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started