Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Remove copyright from picture

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon all,

I am working on a logo for my company in Illustrator. I found a great pic in adobe stock but it has the name of the artwork in the bottom right corner of the picture.  I can modify the pic to insert my company name but need to remove the name of the artwork from the bottom right.  I'm a CPA and not a graphic designer, so this is all new to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase rights to the picture, or are you working with a demo?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best also to check the  artwork license very carefully to be sure this kind of derivative work is allowed. Very bad PR can come if not.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most clipart and stock companies don't allow to use the artwork for logos at all.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion moved from Illustrator to Adobe Stock

I think it depends on the type of license you bought for the image. I moved this to the Adobe Stock forum where you can get better advice. This website gives general advice on the four types of licenses:

License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might also find this discussion useful (or frightening, according to your point of view): Logo image licensing

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started