Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for the return of unlawfully collected funds

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm writing to you becouse last month you offer me a free 10 pictures from you stock, there is a big information than this option is completely free! And whats happend few days ago? Of course you open a subscription plan for me and take money from my account without any permission. Such practices are:
- unlawful
- unethical
- unfair

Your website design is a big mistake, there is no visible option to cancel this "free" (lol - really free) picture pack. You are tempting users with 10 "free" pictures and then you are charging without any permission!

I also wanted to delete my credit card information to prevent you from charging money when you think it is appropriate! WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. But I can not find this option.

So please let me know:

- How can I delete information about my credit card? (there is no such an option on user account...)

- Will you give me back the money? If yes, when can I expect return of this funds?

- Why is your company using such unethical practices and robbing users bank account without their permission?

I think than yesterday I close this subscription - but nothing is clear on your website. Therefore, please help me check if I have closed this subscription for sure?

It will be great if you can help to solve my problem and change your company's policy.

Regards!

Mariusz Karłuk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Sure, you are not the first one having problems and you won’t be the last one. However, my screenshots show what is displayed to the user who takes the subscription.

What you’ve seen is this:

BA1A8DF7-A884-4A73-A894-E844682F2E98.jpeg

When you click « Start now », you will get a new screen:

138F5DE9-5628-4868-AA4A-30C83CC8CEE3.jpeg

I’ve checked English, French and German! I’t’s always the same.

The problem is not bad design, but the psychological effect that when people see « free » or « discount » or « only » they are persuaded that all is for free or the discount is for ever. Al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariusz,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

When you subscribe to the Adobe Stock promo offer, the first month is a free trial, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month; the subscription billing actually starts from the second month. If you cancel during the first-month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded.

For more information, you may also refer to Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

I have checked your account details and noticed that you had signed up for Adobe Stock 10 images per month(one-year) plan on 24 Nov 2018. Since you have cancelled your subscription within the time frame(14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle), you’ll be fully refunded.

Please reach out to our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?  for the refund requests and also in order to delete your credit card information from the system.

In case you are unable to reach our support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I'm not an Adobe employee and in no way I'm representing here the thoughts and views of Adobe.

mariuszk51870389  wrote

Your website design is a big mistake, there is no visible option to cancel this "free" (lol - really free) picture pack. You are tempting users with 10 "free" pictures and then you are charging without any permission!

It is clearly noted in the conditions that you will buy a one year 10-images-per-month stock subscription with the first month free and a no risk no fees cancel option after the first month. It is also clear, that this is a commercial incentive to take the one year subscription as soon as you see how easy it is to license images.

The condition are clear and legible represented on the web site.

If you are using stock images on a regular bases, this is probably the most useful option to add to your CC subscription.

Of course you open a subscription plan for me and take money from my account without any permission. Such practices are:

- unlawful

- unethical

- unfair

I think that you simply didn't read the conditions, even that there was quite a lot of talk on the website of "first month free" and "annual plan, paid monthly" with quite prominently the current monthly price tag attached.

I understand that you get angry, when you see that you get invoiced for a service that you thought you would not but instead of being humble and asking how and when you could expect a refund, you are accusing Adobe to be unlawful, unethical and unfair. That, my friend, may be very well all three of them.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

twaritar3263062thank you for your answear.

Abambo:

In my opinion you aren't right and I'm sure than during openning this "free" first month I saw the big information than this plan is totally free. The company's policy is not honest and such slogans mislead users. I'm not the first person who has problems navigating this page.

On well-designed portals, the user has no problems finding relevant information - on adobe websites this problem occurs and has many users.

I still do not know how to delete my credit card data - do not you think it's strange that I need to contact adobe support to determine this? Do you think that a well designed website is so difficult to use?

I still think that the design of this website is one big mistake:
- not intuitive
- difficult to use
- making it difficult for users to use

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, you are not the first one having problems and you won’t be the last one. However, my screenshots show what is displayed to the user who takes the subscription.

What you’ve seen is this:

BA1A8DF7-A884-4A73-A894-E844682F2E98.jpeg

When you click « Start now », you will get a new screen:

138F5DE9-5628-4868-AA4A-30C83CC8CEE3.jpeg

I’ve checked English, French and German! I’t’s always the same.

The problem is not bad design, but the psychological effect that when people see « free » or « discount » or « only » they are persuaded that all is for free or the discount is for ever. All the sites are working like that, because it get’s you taking the subscription or buying the product.

If you get asked to enter your credit card, you need to pay something.

Me too, I’m placing orders quicker, when there is a discount.

As twaritar3263062​ said: as you cancelled in time, you get a full refund, as stated in the terms.

I agree, there should be an option to delete the account or to delete credit card information, when there is no need anymore for having the account.

If you have taken the 10 images, you will need to be kept in the Adobe database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started