• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing stock images

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded image that was 13 x 9 and 300 dpi. I need to enlarge it to 53x36 and have it be 300 dpi.

There is only one size to download? Can I enlarge this and keep it at 300 dpi?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Without knowing about the picture, nobody can give you a definitive and correct answer. So this should only be a general guideline for you:

• Images normally can be scaled up around 1.5 times the size with programs like Photoshop, without too much problems.
  • very often a density of 250 dpi is good enough for printing.

What you would like to do is to enlarge 4 times the picture. That can be done only on very specific pictures. So if the picture is not available at higher resolutions, I would say (as I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucia,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Could you please share the file ID which you are referring to so that we can further assist you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without knowing about the picture, nobody can give you a definitive and correct answer. So this should only be a general guideline for you:

• Images normally can be scaled up around 1.5 times the size with programs like Photoshop, without too much problems.
  • very often a density of 250 dpi is good enough for printing.

What you would like to do is to enlarge 4 times the picture. That can be done only on very specific pictures. So if the picture is not available at higher resolutions, I would say (as I said out of the blue) no, it's not possible.

I have doubled the size of some pictures. I have also tripled the size. But artefacts get very visible in those cases and I would not do that with stock images.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started