Exit

Robbed By Adobe Stock Free Trial Scam

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case number: 0221594233

Hello,

I have used Adobe products for years and have not ever seen a company act in such a scamming way. I want my voice here in hopes that someone can get me out of this mess. Apart from the trial, I've never used this service and yet the company will not offer me any of my money back and still requests that I pay the rest, even though I explained that I'm about to go out of business...

Some Backstory

I'm a super small business owner and have been getting bombarded with expenses left and right to the point where it's hardly worth being a business owner. I was doing better off as a freelancer without all the fees and regulations. I'm seriously, no-joke, facing the possibility of bankruptcy and went through my accounts to see where my money has been going.

Adobe Stock Scam

As I do web design, I was on the market for some stock photography. Adobe Stock seems to be new to the game and I wanted to give them a chance. I signed up for a free trial and thought I had canceled the service (I'm usually pretty good about putting things on the calendar to remind me to do that). Unfortunately, I did not catch the mistake in time and have gone through most of the year with the service that I never used... The "agreement" I had made was not clear, obvious, or very noticeable.

Support Conversations So Far

I spoke with support chat so far and got transferred twice because of how unorganized the system was. The third person tried to only offer me other services or two months free. I've repeatedly said to him that I'm literally about to close the door to my business, but he refused to give me a refund. My only option at the time seemed to be to agree to the two months or else I would get nothing...

Where We Are Now

I am requesting here for someone to please give me a full refund of what I've been charged so far. I tried to speak to someone on chat and that didn't work. I'm trying here to see if any Staff can help me here. I'm bleeding out and you are just continuing to stab me.

Chat Reference

Here's the full chat I had as reference.

Manisha: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Manisha: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

Manisha: Hi

Manisha: How are you ?

David Brown: Hi Manisha, I'm doing okay, how are you doing?

Manisha: I am good thank you for asking .

Manisha: As per your chat submission, I can understand that you are facing issue related to Creative Cloud subscription. Therefore, I have to transfer this chat to the Creative Cloud Expert so that this issue will be resolved within first contact itself. Can you please hold for 1 - 2 minutes while I transfer the chat over to someone who can best assist you with this issue?

info: Please wait while we connect you to a representative.

info: You are now chatting with Apo.
Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

David Brown: My issue was actually with Stock actually

Apo: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Apo: Hello David

David Brown: Hi Apo

David Brown: How are you doing?

Apo: I am reviewing your issue. Please stay online and do not close the chat window or browser in order to ensure our chat session connectivity

David Brown: Ok, thank you

Apo: I am doing good, how about you?

David Brown: I'm okay, but really struggling lately, and I've made some massive mistakes in keeping track of my finances so I'm hoping you are going to be able to help me here

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to david.brown@techvii.com at the end of your chat.

Apo: I can understand your concern, I will be glad to check an option for you.

Apo: Please allow me 2 to 3 minutes while I check your account details.

David Brown: Ok, thank you very much

Apo: Thank you for staying online.

David Brown: No problem

Apo: I see that you have Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year) under your account.

Apo: Do you wish to discontinue this subscription?

David Brown: Yes, but more importantly, I wasn't aware that I was being charged for it and really need a refund

David Brown: I tried it out and forgot to cancel and never noticed the mistake until months later

David Brown: I'm trying to run a very small business and have almost lost everything from taxes, government regulations/fines, etc. I really need a break here

Apo: Okay, in that case, we have a team who you can discuss regarding this.

Apo: May I transfer this chat to the relevant team?

David Brown: Yes please

Apo: Please stay online while I transfer this chat.

David Brown: Ok, thank you

info: Please wait while we connect you to a representative.

info: You are now chatting with 'Harshika'

Harshika: Thank you for contacting Adobe Membership Services.

Harshika:

Harshika: Please stay on the line while I check your membership status and savings that you are entitled to. While these details load, I’d love to know why you first chose Adobe?

Harshika: Before proceeding further, please tell me the phone number to be updated in the account profile.

David Brown: Hi there, my phone number is 706-623-3479

Harshika: Thank you for the information, allow me one minute.

David Brown: And I started with Adobe because I love your software for graphic design and web development

David Brown: I got started with Stock as a trial, as I build websites, but I never really used it and I was not aware that I was being charged this whole time until right now.

Harshika: As I can see from the issue description and previous conversation, you want to cancel adobe stock plan

David Brown: Yes, but I very seriously need a refund if possible

Harshika: IF you do not mind, may I know the reason for cancellation of adobe stock plan.

David Brown: It's so much money and I'm already really struggling here

David Brown: I never used it

David Brown: I wasn't aware that I was being charged this whole time

David Brown: I only wanted to try it out originally, but not continue the service

Harshika: If you cancel adobe stock now, you will be charged cancellation fees for the remaining 4months because the current plan is under annual year commitment that will end on 31 July, 2017  and if you stay with the same plan , I can provide you next free 1month of subscription.

David Brown: Oh my God

David Brown: I'm in an annual commitment?

Harshika: I can provide you next free 2months of subscription and then you can pay for last 2months to end the annual year contract of the adobe stock plan

Harshika: I would like to inform you that you agreed to be in a yearly commitment. If you cancel the subscription within the commitment period, there is an Early Termination Fee which amounts to 50% of the remaining months. This fee is as per the contract you agreed to at the time of purchase and was mentioned in the terms and conditions.

David Brown: So you're saying that instead of getting a refund of any kind, you're actually going to keep charging me for this service?

Harshika: David, you will only have to pay for last 2months after getting next free 2months of the subscription.

Harshika: Because the adobe stock is under yearly paid monthly contract. You can cancel it between 31 June 2017- 31 july, 2017 without fee .

David Brown: If I terminate right now, what is the amount that is paid?

Harshika: The next billing date after getting next free 2months is 31 may, 2017    

David Brown: I'm very seriously going to flip out on Adobe if you cannot make this right.

David Brown: Is there a manager of yours that I can talk to?

David Brown: I'm seriously about to lose everything already.

David Brown: My contracts with you are going to end if my business is going to die.

Harshika: David, shall I credit you next free 2months now ? Because you will be charged only after 2months -   just for June 2017 - and July, 2017 that will be on monthly basis ( USD29.99approx )

David Brown: I need to see the agreement that I made

Harshika: Sure, you can refer the same at this website : http://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html.  For your convenience , you can check the agreement here :    First Month Free annual contract, paid monthly, with rollover

Harshika: This offer is for new Adobe Stock customers only and cannot be combined with other offers. This plan entitles you to Standard licenses only. One offer per Adobe Stock customer. Service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details. You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle. You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for duration of your first annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support in your region. If you cancel during the first month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded. If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. After the first year, your contract will renew automatically on your annual renewal date until you cancel and you will be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase every month for the duration of each annual renewal term subject to the cancellation policies above. We’ll always notify you of your renewal, and any change in renewal rates, beforehand. Unused downloads from a monthly allowance of your annual plan accumulate and carry over for up to 12 consecutive billing cycles only if you have renewed the Adobe Stock subscription without letting it lapse and without repacking it with a lesser value subscription. Unused downloads (A) are subject to a cap of a maximum of twelve times your monthly allowance; and (B) automatically expire 12 monthly billing periods after the date when they were first allocated. When your subscription ends, you will forfeit all rights to any unused downloads.

Harshika: Month-to-month, with rollover

Harshika: Just ignore the last line (month to month with roll over )

Harshika: Shall I credit you next free 2months now ? That will complete this annual year contract and you will have to pay only for last 2months

David Brown: Give me one second please

Harshika: Sure

Harshika: Are we connected

David Brown: Yes

David Brown: Listen, I never used this service and I really need a full refund

David Brown: If you cannot grant me that, I am going to raise hell to someone who has the authority to give me a break with this

Harshika: David, please tell me which app you use most of the time that can be a good solution 

David Brown: I'm already paying for the Creative Cloud. I've enjoyed using Adobe, but this is honestly a scam.

David Brown: And I'm going to make that very well known to as many people as I can unless you can really help me with this.

David Brown: To be clear, I've never used Stock. I thought I had canceled during the trial period.

Harshika: David I am really very sorry, as per adobe terms and conditions, you will be charged cancelation fees if you cancel the subscription now, I can provide you only  next free 2months now and then you can pay for last 2months of subscription

Harshika: You will not be charged for 31 March and 31 April , 2017 .

David Brown: Ok, I'll agree to that, but you can be sure that Adobe is going to face the consequences for this. Go ahead and cancel my subscription.

David Brown: I've never known Adobe for doing this to people.

Harshika: David, you will need to contact us back again between 31 june, 2017- 31 july, 2017 to cancel the subscription without fee .

David Brown: I'll put that on my calendar

Harshika: Do you agree to complete the annual year contract of adobe stock by paying for last 2months after availing next free 2months

Harshika: So that we can  proceed and provide you free 2months

David Brown: Yes, but you can be sure that I am coming back for the rest of my money later.

Harshika: David , okay, and the next billing date is 31 May, 2017

Harshika: The renewal date is 31 Jul 2017

Harshika: Let me provide you next free 2months now

Harshika: David, we appreciate your business & hence would like to offer next “x” months free on your subscription which will save you $29.99x2=USD60approx

Harshika: We have provided you next free 2months now .

Harshika: Is there anything else I can help you with?

David Brown: No!

Harshika: You may receive an email that will contain a link to complete an optional survey to provide your feedback on our conversation today.  The survey takes less than 2 minutes to complete and I would really appreciate your feedback.

Harshika: 0221594233 is the case number

Harshika: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hi David,

Apologize for the troubles that you've faced in order to get the refund request processed.

I will be sharing the feedback for the same to the support team for improvements.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I apologize for the support experience that you have had over the case# 0221594233.

I have also reviewed the case completely and understood the resolution given to you.

I understand your situation and the unawareness that got you caught up in Adobe stock plan with an annual commitment. As the support person had informed you, at the time of subscribing to any service we let the customer go through our subscription terms which can be read on the FAQ: Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

In order to help you better I would be forwarding the case to the relevant team and they would be getting in touch with you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to give an update that Adobe cancelled the service and gave me a full refund for the seven months that I did not catch it.

It was, in my opinion, still a very unnecessary hassle to go through this, so I will leave this message here so that others can see that there is hope still if they fall into the same trap I did.

Thanks,

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Apologize for the troubles that you've faced in order to get the refund request processed.

I will be sharing the feedback for the same to the support team for improvements.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm facing the same trouble as David. I only downloaded one file during trial period of Adobe Stock and I'm now charged every month (2 months already). I'm not using the service and wanted to cancel my subscription. After digging a little bit into subscription terms, I realized that it was an annual commitment, which is, in my opinion, really not well indicated. I know that Adobe is not supposed to owe me anything, but since the service - which i'm now paying for - is not used at all, I would just like to cancel my subscription with no additional fees.

Can you provide me support with this issue?

Regards,
Judith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jk,

Please contact customer care for additional assistance: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html Click on the chat icon in the lower right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started