Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Seamless Texture search

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search for "seamless texture" (specifically wood grain in this instance) a lot of images that do not make seamless textures show up in the search. So many in fact its almost imposible to quickly find the right wood grain. 

Seamless should ONLY be attached to images that can be used for 3-D rendering materials programs, or illustrator to turn into actual repeatable patterns. Images that have gradation/shaddowing to them, or the grains don't match on all 4 edges should not qualify.

Very frustrating when you are working on a tight deadline.

TOPICS
Asset Quality, General, Search

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to suggest you to provide more keywords "seamless texture wood grain" etc.  More keywords will refine your search results.

Best regards,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @joon.Stock,

The problem is "seamless", not "wood". You will indeed find many textures that are not seamless by using the seamless keyword.

The only workaround that I have found is to download the preview and test in Photoshop if the texture is seamless, which is time-consuming.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started