• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search for only exact name and place.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I search for a picture of only a particular place?  Specifically, when I tried to search for "South Lake" in California, the search results apparently gave me any picture that included those 3 key words, when I was only looking for a specific lake. To further complicate matters, the descriptions of the resulting images often don't even list the name of the lake in the picture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

The description is not searchable.

Try "south  lake" with the quotes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description is not searchable.

Try "south  lake" with the quotes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works pretty well, thanks. Funny, I thought I had tried that but didn't get the same results as this time. I must have done something funny.

Still, though, I some results that aren't what I'm looking for (like South Lake Tahoe), but worse is that I get some results where the description doesn't specify the name of the lake at all. Is there a more complete description hidden away somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The poster can add up to 50 keywords. All keywords get searched but the first ones have more weight for the search algorithm. I suppose, but can not say for sure, that at a certain level there is also Adobe Sensei with it's image recognition playing a role.

Also: Keywords get appreciated by an Adobe moderation team during the review process of the image but I do not expect all moderators knowing the different geographical locations. So if I publish a picture and enter "south lake" as a keyword and the picture shows a lake, I suppose it gets accepted even if it is the little lake in the middle of nowhere...

As said prior: the image description is not a search criteria. You can give a title like "Girl sunbathing at the beach" and if the keywords include "south lake" it will be shown. If it is a popular image, it will be shown at a rather prominent spot...

Adobe stock tries to get the most relevant picture for you based on your indications. There is some artificial intelligence behind, but that may be somewhere off, if you really have a precise topic. It's a little bit like internet search engines. Not all the search results are relevant to you...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this means that the only descriptions for a given photo are the keywords shown above the photo? It just seems to me that any photo of a locale ought to have some way of identifying where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started