Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selling digital rights to a book made with enhanced images/vectors

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm planning on writing a book that will use stock images/vectors that I'll buy enhanced liceses for. All being well, I intend to sell the rights of this book to schools/publishers (which will naturally include the enhanced images I will pay for). 

As far as I can tell, there shouldn't be any issues for me (or anyone who buys the book I make) as resale and distribution is covered by the enhanced licence, but I'm worried I'm missing something.

I tried the AI chat, but I couldn't get the answer I was looking for, so if anyone has any insight or experience, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

[moderator corrected the topics, this is not an API question]

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are OK with that, as long as you do not sell the assets separately for download. As I understand it, they are well integrated into your book, so that's OK. A digital or a printed book does not make a difference here. As you will take the higher licence type, that there is even no question if the standard licence is OK or if you need an enhanced licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much @Abambo You're right - the images won't sold separately, they'll just be part of the book which will be sold.

I'm only going for enhanced licenses because I won't be limited on the number of copies I can have reproduced (if I'm that lucky!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started