Exit

Social Media use of Adobe Stock images

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, 

I have a question concerning the Adobe Stocks's standard licenses:

The company I work for buys a stock image and creates some kind of social media graphic with it to inform about one of our events. Are we allowed to pass this graphic on to our business partners, so they can use it as content on their social media sites in order to promote the event?

Thanks in advance!

AL

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's your event, I would say yes. It's like a flyer that you distribute virtually. But best would be, that they are pointing (sharing) to your event.

If they are doing their event, it may be, that you would need a new licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply and the link. 

It's indeed our event but also the event of our partners 🙂 Yes, I regard it as some kind of flyer, as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply and the link. 

It's indeed our event but also the event of our partners 🙂 Yes, I regard it as some kind of flyer, as well. 

By @Anna27916545ygou

In my layman's opinion, you should be covered with one standard licence.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started