Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Specification on Licence Extented

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in the process of setting up an association.
I would like to have a clarification on the Extended License:
If I buy an extended license for a particular image. Do I have the right to modify the image as I wish?
Can I pass the license on to other members of the association? If so, do they have the right to publish
your image on their social networks?

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I pass the license on to other members of the association? 

No. However, if you acquire the asset for the association, the association may use the asset according to the licensing terms. In that case, you can't use the asset for your use without relicensing.

The association may use the asset on social media. For social media a standard licence is enough.

With a standard licence, you are allowed to modify the asset as you wish (with some limitations as stated in the licensing terms).

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started