Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Standard License and alterations to Stock photos for self-owned business

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Very new to the Stock photo thing.  I have been using my own photos for my work thus far however I've run into a bit of a pickle.  There are specific photos that I cannot take myself in other countries due to travel restrictions in those countries (one of which being as simple as Americans are not at all welcomed). My business is still very fledgling and as such I can manage a Standard License monthly fee but not an Extended License.  My questions regarding the Standard License and how they pertain to my business and intended use are as follows:
- [Adobe Stock Additional Terms 3.1, B, 2] If a Standard License is used to purchase a Stock image, can that image be edited in Adobe Photoshop (stock color removed, filter elements added, redrawing of edges, paint strokes added, etc.) and be [4.1, A] reused as a piece of a larger collaborative work for the use of selling that work through an internet medium? After rereading very carefully, I guess the major source of confusion is what does "substantially similar" mean?

- [Adobe Stock Additional Terms 3.1, B, 3] If the new work will be used for the purpose of greeting cards (I wasn't quite sure if this is a new question or if this extends from the previous question), would this deem the Standard License Plan appropriate for my needs?

Hopefully, I can acquire some answers that'll lead to a decision.  I have asked the same question on other stock image sites and have received answers that actually confused me much more on the subject and became extremely "advertisement-like".  People on here seem to be considerably more competent in stepping out from behind the fine-print.

TOPICS
Licensing, Plans and purchase, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DarkstarTitan,

We can’t approve customer use cases or give our customers legal advice. Please review Stock Additional Terms and the FAQs on usage and licensing, in particular the section about modifying the content.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started